Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Solo Outdoor Activities

FOX

Solo Outdoor Activities

Been debatting this fact with a few of the hunting mates, just wanted to see what everyones interpretations of Solo Outdoor Activity is. My understanding would be a Solo 5 day walk through Kaimanawas.

Thoughts and Comments please Ladies and Gents.

Solo by yourself or, out with people you are immediately isolated with ie. Kids partner etc.
    AFxxRIxxCA likes this.

HOO
    Gun city have posted this at the bottom of a recent advertisement. Not sure on its legitimacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cordite and AFxxRIxxCA like this.

It's a bit of a curly one. Think you'll be sweet as t the local but they have also said they don't want people travelling between regions. Not sure how they will enforce this but it will be important if some regions are able to ease back to level 3
    AFxxRIxxCA likes this.

FOX
    Just seen this on another thread

Name:  FB_IMG_15849890676707983.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  205.5 KB

MB
    It's a good question. Fine, jump in the car and go hunting, but driving to other regions, using gas stations and supermarkets, maybe not so smart.
    AFxxRIxxCA likes this.

Keep emergency services in mind and be extra cautious. Don't want to put any additional pressure on them, in the event they have to rescue you, or even worse, send LandSAR out to find you so that that can rescue you!
    AFxxRIxxCA likes this.

We all need to play the game if this lockdown is going to work.
    Tahr, Trout, MB and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    As I have said before, they want you to practice waiting in a line for your food. Sounds like the training programme is working and the people are learning.
    my thoughts too...........while this may be necessary now I would bet you that they will be slow to relinquish their new found power.....................Politicians in general and the blue gang that is.
    northdude and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntfisheat View Post
    "They"? It's not "They" it's "us". "We" need this, not "Them". How about shelving your selfish conspiracy theory rubbish for the mean time. If "We" don't behave like adults and all adopt your spoilt child routine Covid will be here till there's a vaccine. Grow up.
    Yeah what he said!

When I have been out walking the dog around the block, same place, same time, people I have seen will move away and I likewise to keep a distance. Even when "walking into" someone I know, we will keep a good distance still stop and chat for a minute but now only with a louder voice. I think people now treat all others as having the virus and keep their distance, nobody wants to get sick...well maybe the very few dickheads do.
    GravelBen and Steve123 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntfisheat View Post
    "They"? It's not "They" it's "us". "We" need this, not "Them". How about shelving your selfish conspiracy theory rubbish for the mean time. If "We" don't behave like adults and all adopt your spoilt child routine Covid will be here till there's a vaccine. Grow up.
    Agreed. Some people need to stop finding teenager level loopholes in what we've been told to do. Yes, told. Its a state of emergency. We all know the chances of bumping into people in the Bush are low but tough shit. Do as the govt tells us. A short LOCAL drive to do some solo exercise is finw. Fucking off to the hills for 5 days is selfish and inconsiderate. Going to the supermarket does increase your risk of catching it but we have to eat and shit and its the only way. The govt rightly has no interest in expending energy try to cater for fringe groups like hunters at the monent.

Grit your teeth, read a book and shut the fuck up until we get the all clear and life goes back to normal.

And that nz first image about hunting the roar. Seriously. WTF. Wonder how many will change their mind about winnie and his racist lover after seeing that irresponsible bit of shitty photoshop.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
    Trout, square1, Phil_H and 2 others like this.

Getting back to OP's question, I believe that the current consensus is yes you can go hunting but that you should stick to your local areas - if you live near the Kaimanawas you could hunt there

A lot of people here say it is selfish to take a risk and possibly pull in resources to rescue /assist you if you should come a cropper

I have access to public land out the back of my place for which I have a current permit so I will be going for the odd daywalk out there
    I will be especially cautious as I do not wish to call in any choppers and what have you

DOC website is still issuing hunt permits last I checked which was a couple days ago

We need to go home and stay home.
    The only way we can beat this is to stop interacting with other people, going for a warm is recommend so we get some exercise to help us stay healthy.
    The more we look for an excuse to do what we want to do the more others will.
    What’s wrong with a round of golf?
    Why can’t I go to the range?
    What about a movie with gaps between the seats.

Go home and stay home so we can get through this and back to “normal”as soon as possible.

We with our resourcefulness can do this.
    Stay safe.
    James
    Phil_H likes this.
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

I reckon what NZ Hunter posted on their facebook page is spot on and should be followed by everyone, no exceptions.
    There's already too much political and social pressure on firearms so we don't want to draw any more attention.The only safe thing is take 0.00000% risk and stay home.
    Taking even a tiny 0.0001% risk and doing a 'safe' day hunt is not ok in the current environment. It'd bite the FAL regulations hard.
    Phil_H and 2post like this.