Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Someone to hunt with Central North Island

Have spent several years hunting alone with bow and rifle around the North Island , however as I have "aged" (not really, 35 years old) I feel I should spend more time with other like minded adults. Not fishing for anyone's honey hole, however since moving to CNI almost 2 years ago I am struggling to find folk to go out for a walk with that are not spot-lighting or suggesting hunting along dubious borders. Company for a proper bush hunting is what I guess I should have just said.

Haha... I thought spotlighting and poaching Poronui were the main past times in Turangi?
    Welcome to Sako club.

Hence the post @dogmatix. I won't get down like that.
    Last edited by Preacher; 22-05-2018 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Bourbon

Are you a member of Taupo NZDA? That would be a good way to meet up with more ethical hunters.
    Welcome to Sako club.

That's not a bad idea, should look into it.

I heard they deer fenced poronui border to stop people helping themselves haha

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Have spent several years hunting alone with bow and rifle around the North Island , however as I have "aged" (not really, 35 years old) I feel I should spend more time with other like minded adults. Not fishing for anyone's honey hole, however since moving to CNI almost 2 years ago I am struggling to find folk to go out for a walk with that are not spot-lighting or suggesting hunting along dubious borders. Company for a proper bush hunting is what I guess I should have just said.
    I occasionally go to the central blocks but I'm from Auckland so not always very often.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Heya @Preacher, likely keen to get out for a walk your way. Generally pop in to the Kaimanawas for some day trips but have been so busy with work I haven't been out in a while. Lots of good access around and if you're in Turangi you're pretty close to it.

Aye, that I am, close. However it seems the "been busy" virus has burrowed into me also....only doing day trips myself. Need to try tee up a few days/couple of nights trip when I can. Don't mind doing it solo, but it gets awful cold some nights

Also the city spec FWD isn't the go. Need to rob a Crack house to fund 4wd. (I am joking so don't Lynch me)

Vin
    Hey @Preacher, drop me a message next time you going hunt. I'm in Auckland but happy to come down for a days hunt.
    Cheers.