Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 223nut

Thread: Stewart island

Stewart island

howdy ,
    heading over to the island for a few days with the family to chill out for weekend and going to take the wetsuit and speargun over for a swim, will be staying in oban so will just be shore diving (snorkel) the accessible bays round there was just wondering if you can find crays round handy to oban , also does anyone know or recommend a fishing charter that can put you in water on some crays ?
    Cheers

Crays unlikely unless you get lucky, paua usually everywhere, Molina, greenbone, cod the usually suspect with the spear.

This weekend? If so flick me a pm I haven't been in the water in years but happy to point you the right way.

Think there is only one operator doing fishing charters at the moment, leask bay fishing, think tequila and loloma aren't operating over winter. All hand line haven't heard of anyone driving

There is an outfit doing snorkelling trips, they could be worth a call and might arrange somethinf
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Crays unlikely unless you get lucky, paua usually everywhere, Molina, greenbone, cod the usually suspect with the spear.

This weekend? If so flick me a pm I haven't been in the water in years but happy to point you the right way.

Think there is only one operator doing fishing charters at the moment, leask bay fishing, think tequila and loloma aren't operating over winter. All hand line haven't heard of anyone driving

There is an outfit doing snorkelling trips, they could be worth a call and might arrange somethinf
    Sweet as , cheers for the reply mate , will pm you

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk