Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Arsenal Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree436Likes

Thread: This is Supposedly the Companies Heli Slaughtering the Tahr

This is Supposedly the Companies Heli Slaughtering the Tahr

THE CULPRITS !

Below are the six helicopter companies who are working for the Department of Conservation and killing Tahr!

From Alan Galletly:

"Tahr Cull . I have it from a reliable source the following helicopter companies are involved with carrying out the cull for DOC.

Gus Gordon, Glacier Country Helicopters, Franz Josef.
    Michael Glyn, Mountain Helicopters, Fox Glacier.
    Bill Hales, Alpine Springs Helicopters, Hanmer Springs.
    Wallises, Alpine Helicopters, Wanaka.
    James Ford, Aspiring Helicopters, Matukituki ,
    Harvey Hutton, Backcountry Helicopters, Makarora , Wanaka

Given a total of 125 hours culling time much of it already done.
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...

well the bottom 4 are no surprise

now tell me is that James Ford the same Ford who was so bad at poaching goats in king country during the boom using a light blue hughes 300???

That fella Gus gordon sure ain't no angel neither from what I been told a few years back.
    If you can just be yourself,
    You can be anything.

Wonder how much these guys/companies got topped up during the lock down?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Wonder how much these guys/companies got topped up during the lock down?
    DOC does not cause employment by funding these heli operations. It takes away money from other projects in order to scramble for the Tahr 'cull', and other jobs are being lost through defunding. So don't feel bad about telling these operators what you think.
    "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." Groucho Marx

R93
    Had a bit of time to think on this and I know I will get my head bitten off, but here goes. I think the frustration and hate directed at the operators is misguided and just a bit easy. All it has done, has taken a bit of heat of the real enemy which is DOC, its poisonous minister Sage, and mostly with forest and bird.
    Someone will do the job and it may as well be the guys that know what they're doing imo.

I hate this cull as much as anyone. It will potentially have me looking for another form of employment in my 50s. Fuck that. I was planning on doing what I do now till I physically can not do it anymore and leave it to my son or someone else that will make a go of it.
    The timing of this cull also sickens me as I see it as the government just kicking all of us in the guts when we are down after so much has happened. I seen someone on the news item about the thar jam tonite say it was affecting people mentally.

I dont know if I am that fragile in that regard but I am genuinely worried about a lot of my peers and even my own future.
    There is a growing world wide agenda out there that wants to destroy our way of life and our rights to do things that are good and truely part of our heritage. I just feel all our energy should be directed at stomping on that and not our potential allies.
    I totally support the Thar foundation, GAC and am a financial member of the NZPHGA and SCI NZ.

The argument is that DOC have had 27yrs to carry out surveys set out by the Thar plan and they have done nothing. Fair enough argument.
    But that also means we and all stakeholders have had 27yrs to pressure them into doing it and yet we havent. Why? Have we not failed the Thar as well and now panicking and throwing shit everywhere except where its needed?
    Just have a think before you lose your cool and lay blame on the guys doing the cull. They dont survive and operate by solely flying in hunters. I know that for a fact. They require other work to operate. DOC work is essential for a lot of them just to stay afloat.

How many of you would sacrifice your future income and ability to provide for your families and go broke over someone elses ethics?
    I get being angry. I am. But I am not angry at people like me just trying to get thru a bad situation.

Flame away.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Had a bit of time to think on this and I know I will get my head bitten off, but here goes. I think the frustration and hate directed at the operators is misguided and just a bit easy. All it has done, has taken a bit of heat of the real enemy which is DOC, its poisonous minister Sage, and mostly with forest and bird.
    Someone will do the job and it may as well be the guys that know what they're doing imo.

I hate this cull as much as anyone. It will potentially have me looking for another form of employment in my 50s. Fuck that. I was planning on doing what I do now till I physically can not do it anymore and leave it to my son or someone else that will make a go of it.
    The timing of this cull also sickens me as I see it as the government just kicking all of us in the guts when we are down after so much has happened. I seen someone on the news item about the thar jam tonite say it was affecting people mentally.

I dont know if I am that fragile in that regard but I am genuinely worried about a lot of my peers and even my own future.
    There is a growing world wide agenda out there that wants to destroy our way of life and our rights to do things that are good and truely part of our heritage. I just feel all our energy should be directed at stomping on that and not our potential allies.
    I totally support the Thar foundation, GAC and am a financial member of the NZPHGA and SCI NZ.

The argument is that DOC have had 27yrs to carry out surveys set out by the Thar plan and they have done nothing. Fair enough argument.
    But that also means we and all stakeholders have had 27yrs to pressure them into doing it and yet we havent. Why? Have we not failed the Thar as well and now panicking and throwing shit everywhere except where its needed?
    Just have a think before you lose your cool and lay blame on the guys doing the cull. They dont survive and operate by solely flying in hunters. I know that for a fact. They require other work to operate. DOC work is essential for a lot of them just to stay afloat.

How many of you would sacrifice your future income and ability to provide for your families and go broke over someone elses ethics?
    I get being angry. I am. But I am not angry at people like me just trying to get thru a bad situation.

Flame away.

Interesting perspective.

Personally I'd say that boycotting the heli operators is probably the only thing that us peasants can do that would actually do something. Even if as you said its directed at the wrong people.

Doc like every other govt department is full of unelected people with an agenda and no accountability. Hardly the stuff the conditions that allows meaningful change.
    chainsaw, 40mm and Cordite like this.

Nah fair call, but by the same token there is always some other guy to fly hunters in.

These operators live by the sword, die by the sword - taking easy money now for what, 20 hours flying time will likely mean a future many many hours not flying hunters in. How much more will DoC be able to roll through? Once Sage is gone to crawl back under her rock as it looks bloody likely she's only got 10 weeks to run it's going to look more likely that it's the end of that. A few culls a decade, a couple of days dropping the green rain does not a functional whirlybird company make.
    chainsaw and Moa Hunter like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Nah fair call, but by the same token there is always some other guy to fly hunters in.

These operators live by the sword, die by the sword - taking easy money now for what, 20 hours flying time will likely mean a future many many hours not flying hunters in. How much more will DoC be able to roll through? Once Sage is gone to crawl back under her rock as it looks bloody likely she's only got 10 weeks to run it's going to look more likely that it's the end of that. A few culls a decade, a couple of days dropping the green rain does not a functional whirlybird company make.
    A doc contract does not just involve culls and green rain.
    I flew for a company that averaged a couple hundred K of doc work a year and in all that time maybe participated in a couple doc culls and never once dropped poison.
    I get it. I have been on both sides of the fence. Maybe it is why I am trying to be reasonable. Dunno.

ebf, mikee, Moa Hunter and 1 others like this.

Sage realises that maybe she and the greens won’t be back in after Sept so is going for the doctor on the Tahr while she can, trying to set a precedent for the future, they bloody well know this will have a big impact and they don’t care. They are driven by ideology. The really annoying bit is the courts said they have to sit down and consult and they won’t, that smacks of arrogance, they are a public department for all of NZ not just F&B! I’m quiet frightened at what will happen if she gets back in as Conversation minister.
    @R93, actually I’d rather some other less competent operators did the job as they’d burn thru the hours quicker and be less efficient. I see one of the operators has been removing comments from there Facebook page all day so obviously don’t want there wider clientele to know they are doing it. It will be a cold day in hell before any of them see any of my money.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    Sage realises that maybe she and the greens wont be back in after Sept so is going for the doctor on the Tahr while she can, trying to set a precedent for the future, they bloody well know this will have a big impact and they dont care. They are driven by ideology. The really annoying bit is the courts said they have to sit down and consult and they wont, that smacks of arrogance, they are a public department for all of NZ not just F&B! Im quiet frightened at what will happen if she gets back in as Conversation minister.
    @R93, actually Id rather some other less competent operators did the job as theyd burn thru the hours quicker and be less efficient. I see one of the operators has been removing comments from there Facebook page all day so obviously dont want there wider clientele to know they are doing it. It will be a cold day in hell before any of them see any of my money.
    That's your right to boycott or flame them.

Attacking them on their own facebook or whatever page? Who the fuck would leave bad comments up about their business?
    Cant blame them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post

Flame away.

Nah fuck them. They can draw a line in the sand and for the measly 30 or 40 hours flying time they get each from doc to undertake this cull they know too well what side of that line they should stand on, they know the backlash that will come their way because of it, they just dont give two shits. Theres some names on that list that have always been cowboys and would damn near do this type of shit for free given half the chance, theres at least two in particular that are real nasty fucking vindictive assholes that have ZERO morals and you really have to wonder if its actually safe having someone with that mindset in charge of a machine.
    yogi, McNotty, Husky1600 and 7 others like this.
    #375GANG....

the hypocritical thing i see is twofold . one is government saying we need to make / bring in money to kickstart the economy so why waste taxpayer money right now culling even more animals rather than wait 12 months to see if the borders open to bring in overseas hunter with their cheque books. two is trying to exterminate an endangered species that is critical in its home range without any scientific study and plan for its continued survival.
    R93, chainsaw, timattalon and 5 others like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    the hypocritical thing i see is twofold . one is government saying we need to make / bring in money to kickstart the economy so why waste taxpayer money right now culling even more animals rather than wait 12 months to see if the borders open to bring in overseas hunter with their cheque books. two is trying to exterminate an endangered species that is critical in its home range without any scientific study and plan for its continued survival.
    Yup. Spot on. Spending money we dont have on something that is not important and can wait.
    Trouble is everyone supporting the DOC culls will never entertain that question and scream blue murder only when it affects them in future.
    The whole thing is a waste of money and no one is holding this government accountable. They will continue to deflect and hug their failed leadership away from public eyes

One would have thought the Alpine Group would avoid DOC work as the tragedy which afflicted that family whilst doing DOC work.
    Moa Hunter and outlander like this.