Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: Thank you NZ Hunter!

Thank you NZ Hunter!

Watching this is the highlight of my week normally (unless I go hunting myself) so given the situation at the moment I am bloody stoked this is on TV at the same time!

I had a Sika roar trip planned in April that won’t go ahead now so I sure am looking forward to what appears to be a Sika episode tomorrow night!

Hopefully next roar will be a vocal cracker with plenty of stags around that survived another year. If we all shoot a few hinds between now and then it will even better again too! How good.

Stay safe and think of others, the deer will still be there when it’s all over.

With all the camo, guns and white males it is a wonder that this programme is still on the tele.
    Norway, davhope, tetawa and 6 others like this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

I too enjoy their program, at this present time of lockdowns and ever changing situations it is welcome viewing on the TV.

yeah agree 100% its a cracker of a show....Willie does a really good tech talk/tips too,his one on boot care last year and the gaiter one last week were very good/informative .
    Trout, erniec, sharps no 1 and 2 others like this.

On Maori channel is Hunt with Me at 9:30, channel 19 on rich mans TV.
    davhope likes this.

Mate. That and YouTube are keeping me sane! I’ve got it on series link and will watch it again tonight!
    bumblefoot and stagstalker like this.

I watched this last sunday and it was awesome , I ended up recording the series.
    cheers lads
    Patience Is A Virtue

couple of nice dogs as well

The mountaineering down south was insane, those guys are pretty damn ballsy
    Moa Hunter likes this.

There are 2 full seasons on TVNZ on demand available to stream too.

Yeah well enjoy it cause any intentions of sneaking out for a quiet solo hunt have now been effectively kaiboshed by the hierachy! noone to rescue you...........
    in my case id suspect lake ellesmere harbours more bloody lurgies and toxic shite of varying descriptions than this chinese SOB COV 19
    Im thinking this may be the reality version of the great nz epic Roger Donaldsons "sleeping dogs" im waiting to hear the so called experts(x=unknown quantity spurt=drip under pressure) comments and advice on peoples mental health .FFS people are social animals ,dependent on daily communication and interaction.to limit that in effect by comulsory seclusion and reduction of stimuli is gonna render the less robust to very marked probability of mental breakdown -something the head sherangs seem oblivious of.as a mental health veteran professional and knowing the parlous state of mental health services in NZ this is of great concern.

What channel is it on

Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    What channel is it on
    Duke or tvnz on demand

Thanks

R93
    I actually detest and avoid hunting mags and hunting shows alike. I dont really know why. I just do.
    Especially American ones. I have refused a couple of times to take part on one in Canada while guiding for some apparently popular youtuber. Just not my thing. Rather make my own adventures and can't really enjoy reading or watching about others.

However I watched a show the NZ hunter adventures did in the wapiti area a while ago where they left a bull to mature and some piece of shit shot it after they told him where it was and he/they swore to also leave it. Apparently another party also left it alone but it was shot next ballot.
    It only confirmed the make up of some NZ hunters for me.

What I did enjoy was the hard yards, scenery, filming and the messages they try to instill.
    By far the best hunting show I have seen and I have even watched a couple since.
    Dont always agree with their assessment of animals and gear but that might be just for tv.
    They will have to endorse sponsors and I can imagine a lot of work goes into securing them in this social climate of anti everything.
    It would be good if their show got traction overseas as it would educate foreign hunters as to what true NZ hunting was about. Imo it is a great advertisement for NZ.
    I have met so many overseas hunters that think you can only hunt from a helo or behind wire here. They literally laugh at us like we do at them, hunting out of stands over bait piles.

To be fair it has to be said not all yanks are soft tree stand hunters either. Goats and sheep without horses are bloody hard hunts. I have also hunted with one american fella, I initially thought would only last a single day on the hill. He almost ran me into the ground. He spent 9 days from daylight till dark in all manner of weather and hardship till we finally got a kill on the 9th and final day of his hunt, an hour before dark. I was honestly looking forward to it getting dark just so it would be over either way. I was exhanusted and beyond the disappointment of failing and almost gave up.
    I have never to this day worked so hard for an animal and those boys on NZ hunter adventures seem to do it every week

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by R93; 25-03-2020 at 02:23 PM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.