Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: venison recovery

  1. #1
    Member Boaraxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    1,996
    Beaker likes this.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Paengaroa, Te Puke
    Posts
    2,115
    Not for the faint hearted

  3. #3
    R93
    R93 is online now
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    14,704
    Most fun ya can have with your clothes on😆

    Catching is even better

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  4. #4
    Member madmaori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Hawkes bay
    Posts
    521
    Shit that's awesome , not a job for the faint hearted that's for sure!
    kiwijames likes this.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stewart island / canterbury
    Posts
    7,226
    Would be so much fun.... Till something goes wrong

  6. #6
    Member sneeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    nelson/marlborough
    Posts
    2,801
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Most fun ya can have with your clothes on��

    Catching is even better

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    You want us to believe you've always had pants on while flying? pftttt
    Rules are for the obedience of fools
    and the guidance of wise men” Sir Douglas Bader.

  7. #7
    R93
    R93 is online now
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    14,704
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    You want us to believe you've always had pants on while flying? pftttt
    Depends if I was shooting or driving.

    Always had the organic cyclic out tho😆


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Tommy and Huk like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  8. #8
    Member Dynastar27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    MANUKAU
    Posts
    984
    Crazy chopper pilots man thats awesome
    OPCz

    If in doubt double tap

  9. #9
    Member Tahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    5,881
    Fun maybe, but worse than 1080 on the deer when it cranks up.

  10. #10
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    20,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Fun maybe, but worse than 1080 on the deer when it cranks up.
    Not in the native blocks!

    Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    blake and 223nut like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  11. #11
    R93
    R93 is online now
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ
    Posts
    14,704
    Not even close. With the sustained pressure that was the catching era maybe,. Or even in an area with a shit bush to open ground ratio. But by today's standards 1080 wins every time.




    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  12. #12
    Member Tahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    5,881
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Not even close. With the sustained pressure that was the catching era maybe,. Or even in an area with a shit bush to open ground ratio. But by today's standards 1080 wins every time.




    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Yeah. Wasn't meaning by todays standards. Now-a-days they are just fiddling. When they were cranked up they really picked the eyes out of the Central NI. The thing is (or was), 1080 is cyclic where as those guys just never stopped shooting and netting. 1080 never worried me 'cos I could shift, but the choppers were hunting over the top of me all of the time. In the end I joined them and got into live capture and farming them.
    Wildman likes this.

  13. #13
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    20,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Yeah. Wasn't meaning by todays standards. Now-a-days they are just fiddling. When they were cranked up they really picked the eyes out of the Central NI. The thing is (or was), 1080 is cyclic where as those guys just never stopped shooting and netting. 1080 never worried me 'cos I could shift, but the choppers were hunting over the top of me all of the time. In the end I joined them and got into live capture and farming them.
    They were not hunting mature native tho and that is where i learned my craft as it was not profitable to hunt tops or slip country you HAD to hunt the bush.

    Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  14. #14
    Member Tahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    5,881
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    They were not hunting mature native tho and that is where i learned my craft as it was not profitable to hunt tops or slip country you HAD to hunt the bush.

    Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    It was way too spooky in the trees for me.

    Nah, I was meat hunting for a living and bush hunting wasn't high yielding enough.
    Still got my share though.

    Nostalgic now.







    Last edited by Tahr; 15-10-2016 at 09:27 PM.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    983
    What was the "go to" rifle then Bruce?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Reel Recovery - Getting the word out!!
    By Carpe Diem in forum Off topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 18-02-2016, 09:48 AM
  2. Cheap 4x4 Recovery kit??
    By nzcwk2005 in forum Outdoor Transport
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 19-08-2015, 08:26 PM
  3. Policing cost recovery
    By Buck_Shot in forum Hunting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-01-2015, 04:23 PM
  4. Filleting for recovery
    By veitnamcam in forum Fishing
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 03:02 PM
  5. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 30-11-2012, 11:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!