Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tribrit
  • 1 Post By Tribrit

Thread: Wanaka roar ballot.

Wanaka roar ballot.

Anyone heard back yet?

No. Have patience.
    It was drawn yesterday, they had it clearly stated that we would hear back by the end of the week.

T.w
    No ones patient in today's world we want to know yesterday haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tribrit View Post
    No. Have patience.
    It was drawn yesterday, they had it clearly stated that we would hear back by the end of the week.
    Thats cool, havn't been in for it before and must have skimmed over that line. Thanks for your help.

I got my email just now.
    Successful. Happy cos I bombed out on the Haast ballot this year, saves me having to organize anything myself lol

No luck for me, anybody know if it's worth organising someone to que for unclaimed blocks? Do many get passed over?

Quote Originally Posted by LMcNab View Post
    No luck for me, anybody know if it's worth organising someone to que for unclaimed blocks? Do many get passed over?
    Haast ballot had a few carry over, but mostly 4th period and not the top blocks understandably.
    Dont know about Wanaka.

Fiordland is bloody large though so there's plenty of options, the heli operators all talk to each other to avoid doubling up on catchments so get it touch with one of them and make some enquiries

Missed out this year. Bugger.

Anyone been into Forbes (upper Hunter) in recent years? I’d imagine WARO activity has reduced deer numbers... probably a few chamois though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we got breast creek.pretty open block , probably will be thrashed by the time its our turn.

Quote Originally Posted by ANOTHERHUNTER View Post
    we got breast creek.pretty open block , probably will be thrashed by the time its our turn.
    We got Fast Burn.

I believe there are more Chamois than deer in it. Breast Creek was in my 4 block picks I think
    ANOTHERHUNTER likes this.

Missed out Myself on Wanaka Ballot- heartbreakers
    may have a invite in the mail.. fingers crossed
    hoping to put up a thread for past wanaka roar balloters to get some kind of feel for it, as the information out there is rather limited , a bit sketchy and maybe a more heresay than factual on first hand experience, i also dont feel like the Waro AND "1080" helps much of the Wanaka Blocks being in that Aspiring park? that would be a fair comment?

Ive not done too much in the blocks apart from one or three but looked as though low numbers, but deer and hut books were quiet but most lead to poor numbers and or just miserable weather during their periods so bailed out early...
    at some point it should get alllright again ay?

Quote Originally Posted by Rees View Post
    Missed out Myself on Wanaka Ballot- heartbreakers
    may have a invite in the mail.. fingers crossed
    hoping to put up a thread for past wanaka roar balloters to get some kind of feel for it, as the information out there is rather limited , a bit sketchy and maybe a more heresay than factual on first hand experience, i also dont feel like the Waro AND "1080" helps much of the Wanaka Blocks being in that Aspiring park? that would be a fair comment?

Ive not done too much in the blocks apart from one or three but looked as though low numbers, but deer and hut books were quiet but most lead to poor numbers and or just miserable weather during their periods so bailed out early...
    at some point it should get alllright again ay?
    So long as the feral venison price is profitable and the government are throwing 1080 up everyone's bungle, numbers in the Wanaka blocks will remain low.

Remember that the heli guys that fly us into the Wanaka and Haast blocks are the same ones shooting the place from the air days beforehand.
    Last year I was in a certain heli operators office paying for a trip.
    Their UHF radio was talking in the background.
    Was fairly obvious from the chatter they were shooting at the time, 12 hours before they flew dozens of people into their roar blocks
    Strummer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribrit View Post
    So long as the feral venison price is profitable and the government are throwing 1080 up everyone's bungle, numbers in the Wanaka blocks will remain low.

Remember that the heli guys that fly us into the Wanaka and Haast blocks are the same ones shooting the place from the air days beforehand.
    Last year I was in a certain heli operators office paying for a trip.
    Their UHF radio was talking in the background.
    Was fairly obvious from the chatter they were shooting at the time, 12 hours before they flew dozens of people into their roar blocks
    Yeah i just spoke about this to a Fulla........... aint that a Croc of shit..................... pretty lame , really irritating and aslong as they sleep well i spose.... egos get a quick stroke pretty often each night id say

the bottom line was if you were a bit feral yaself, didnt have much fuork to give to others and owned a Chopper..... you(i) would likely do the same ..