Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: We could have been hunting under level 4 afterall

We could have been hunting under level 4 afterall

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12330349

A bombshell has been delivered to the Government as it contemplates moving from alert level 3.

It seems Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern's repeatedly been issuing warnings to the public to stick to the lockdown rules or be prosecuted are unenforceable.

The premise the country's been run by the rule of law has been turned on its head by the Crown Law advice which has been leaked to Newstalk ZB.

It would seem the lockdown has been run more on rules from the Beehive rather than the law.

The legality of the lockdown, and the police power to enforce it has been dismissed by Crown Law.

The Crown Law advice is that the police powers were severely limited under the first directive of the director general of health Ashley Bloomfield.

Under the directive, police were charged with ensuring businesses were closed and preventing the public from congregating in public places for amusement and recreation.

Shown the Crown Law advice, University of Otago law professor Andrew Geddis said the restrictions wouldn't allow the police to stop people from moving about and doing virtually anything, like surfing, if they weren't congregating.

"So this meant the full range of level 4 announced restrictions actually couldn't be enforced by the police - for example.

"If you came over to my house for a bottle of wine, that didn't breach the s 70(1)(m) notice (we're not congregating in a public place of amusement) and because neither of us are likely to have COVID-19, the police couldn't tell you to go home.

"The police powers under other legislation (especially the Civil Defence and Emergency Management Act) is really limited - basically, they can only be used against people who have/are suspected of having COVID-19," Professor Geddis said.

The Government's refused to release the Crown Law advice which has led, for the first time in history, the Solicitor General being summonsed to appear before a Parliamentary committee, the Covid Epidemic Response Committee, along with Bloomfield and police Commissioner Andy Coster.

The last time Coster was before the committee he confirmed he had seen the Crown Law advice but refused to say what it contained.

Ten days after what would appear to be the illegal level 4 lockdown started Bloomfield issued a second directive, again under the Health Act. It effectively told everyone to stay in their houses, unless they were on essential business.

The police then issued their own guidelines on how they could enforce it.

"The key point being, between March 24 and April 3 much of the "Lockdown rules" actually had no enforceability in law - which is what Crown Law is saying, and which is why the new notice had to be issued," Professor Geddis said.

He said what's now in question is whether that April 3 notice is lawful and whether
    Bloomfield had the power to issue it.

That is now being tested by a judicial review in the High Court.

Doesn’t surprise me
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

I could have gone to work and gone hunting

“The police powers under other legislation (especially the Civil Defence and Emergency Management Act) is really limited - basically, they can only be used against people who have/are suspected of having COVID-19," Professor Geddis said.

The Government's refused to release the Crown Law advice which has led, for the first time in history, the Solicitor General being summonsed to appear before a Parliamentary committee, the Covid Epidemic Response Committee, along with Bloomfield and police Commissioner Andy Coster.“

Well isn’t that f&@@king convenient to learn that after the fact..
    Bastards had no authority we could have pursued SOLO activities such as fly fishing and hunting and I always intuitively knew safe to do so but SS stormtrooper Bully bullshite artist Bush and associates all piss wind and hot air
    They should all be done for misrepresentation tosspots the ficking lot of them...
    Dago likes this.

Grief you'd almost think the Government were slightly corrupt eh lol.
    Is there anything we dont know? Ah yes we cant trust the media that's right,,,what a bloody circus.
    JoshC and stingray like this.

Read this report https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2020/04/2...for-a-pandemic

Doesn't make for good reading. NZ has been behind the ball for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk .308 View Post
    Well, I hope we all remember this when it come time to vote !,
    Hell yes and Amen show them they fucked with the wrong marine I’m voting ACT bugger it!!!
    stug, stingray, 308 and 8 others like this.

Awesome. I smell some heavy-duty court cases coming on. The next few months should be entertaining as the fallout from this abysmal saga unfolds and new revelations demonstrate the level of incompetence we've been having to endure.

What an utter dog-fuck.
    mikee and Taupohunter like this.

Auckland, until I can escape south....to Southland.
    Quote Originally Posted by planenutz View Post
    Awesome. I smell some heavy-duty court cases coming on. The next few months should be entertaining as the fallout from this abysmal saga unfolds and new revelations demonstrate the level of incompetence we've been having to endure.

What an utter dog-fuck.
    Succinctly put.
    Sako851 likes this.
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !

Quote Originally Posted by planenutz View Post

What an utter dog-fuck.
    Yep, business suing for financial loss
    Steve123 likes this.

Yes Stug that report regards pandemic and preparedness doesn’t surprise me
    It will happen again probably wet market or interspecies novel virus from the environment given we are encroaching more and more on environments / ecosystems and coming into contact with species we ordinarily wouldn’t come into contact with
    On This occasion the dice of chance rolled a 3 we actually got lucky with this virus
    Next time we may not be so fortunate if the dice rolls a 8 or 9
    And we get a virus with the lethality of Ebola with an R naught similar to measles around 10-12 then we are in really serious trouble with modern air travel+ overpopulation it could wipe out 70-80 % of the global population no sweat
    History will repeat
    I doubt we will learn lessons from from this I would love to be wrong - get out and enjoy life
    MarkN likes this.

northdude
    i just carried on doing stuff that id do other than work i was driving around visiting still going shooting on private land i got pulled up by police and went through check points i knew they couldnt stop me and after a talk with them without being a dick they knew they couldnt stop me either just that most people dont know their rights and or arent prepared to stand up for them they just want others to do it for them and hows this for the ultimate sin i even visited my mum and kissed her even tho horse face and all her supporters were telling me i couldnt fuk them new zealand has been quite happy to be treated like a bunch of little kindy kids it must be quite entertaining for the col to see what dumb thing they can get you to do next
    chainsaw, woods223, Pete_D and 1 others like this.

257weatherby likes this.

I can't imagine this getting much airtime or traction? There seems to be so much blind support for the government and the media are all in her pocket
    RUMPY likes this.

And +1 to Act
    Sako851 likes this.