Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

West Wanaka Info Trade

I'll be hunting the West Wanaka roar unit 4th period, and I imagine there will be some guys on here in the first three periods or at least an adjacent unit. Here's my trade offer: I'll do up a detailed report of what I see/find with pics and will trade that for good intel from anybody who has hunted the lower matukituki before. I'm interested in how animals respond to WARO pressure and whether hunting near farmland (West Wanaka Station) can be more effective than looking for the best escape cover. Obviously by PM since people are real tightlipped about Wanaka blocks.

It's just me and my wife hunting together, not a troop of four guys. I won't be coming back to this area for at least five years (my next two NZ trips will be tahr and sika) so I'm not going to be long-term competition. And you don't need to worry about me killing the young ones you passed on either - I'd rather shoot an old cull than a young stud. So if this happens to be your honey hole, there's not much risk and my hunt write-ups are pretty thorough.

Like I've said in an earlier post, I'm also down to trade an East Coast US whitetail hunt/info for a fallow hunt/info. Got a good 400 acre farm only 3 hrs from DC taking 130"+ bucks every year.

Hey mate

I'd be surprised if you make it here now but I can help if you need it Ive been in that area pm me

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

He might need a bed for sometime if Trump shuts boarders.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.