Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree411Likes

Thread: Would you leave?? what would you do if this happens to you?

Would you leave?? what would you do if this happens to you?

Hi guys,
    I'd like your views on this situation .

I left home at 7pm with a couple of mates to go for a hunt this weekend and finally reached the camp spot 6 hours later arriving at 1am.
    Only to find another truck parked up in the camping area (this is in the back country on a 4x4 track in) I get out and see who's around the clearing (camping area) I see a guy walking around in his sleeping bag (we woke him, he sleeping in the open and his mate sleeping in their truck). Anyway I go over a say "Hi" and that (well he was awake) as you do, only to be fended off with words like....Find another spot, we were here first ...ra ra ra there is lots more other spots, fark come on, rara ra raa....ra ra raaa going off his tree etc etc. I said "Well I haven't just driven 6 hours for you to tell me to find another spot as we were going to be hunting this area and ra raa raa etc etc, It's late we are all tired, we are camping here weather you like it or not and if you don't like it, you can move, well that just pissed him off even more. I continued to put up my fly camp up, whiled we exchanged views and words. I later had a "meeting" with my mates in private and they all agreed to stay here too. So I went over to have another talk to him and I said "We'll talk about this in the morning, and we'll work something out etc, We are all tired and needed some rest". (well it all went something like that anyway). Right.... in the morning we woke around 5:30am, as thats what we had sort of agreed on, and I went over to talk to him about it again (He was awake too), anyway... I asked him "where are you guys going to hunt as you guys were here first" etc, and he told me over their, up here and back there ra raa raa etc, fair enough, I gave him first choice as they were their first, and I told him where we were going so we wouldn't get in each others way, (by the way... there is enough hunting in this areas for All parties). So then all was good, so I thought. So we went on our ways hunting. When we got back from our days hunt (they had left by then too).(one mate hunted with me) my other mate said "They changed their hunting plans and told him where they had gone, and to add to that they said "Don't touch out hidden camera if you find it!". Anyway... next day we go up to this good wallow area to see if much sign was around, and guess what.... I found their hidden camera up a tree over looking the wallow areas...hahaa so I pranced around like a deer would scrapped the ground like a deer and had some fun, big deal. Didn't touch the camera! Anyway we carried on hunting and got back to camp,packed up and drove home. Monday (today) I was taking photos of my truck only to see fukin knife marks on the drivers side, and No they were not from tree or branches, nice fukin knife marks curving down the doors, gouges, I thought you fukin bastard! I did get their reg number to.
    Well, that's my spiel!
    Last edited by kingstoncowboy; 10-03-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Not hard to get name and address with that rego

You did the right thing saying hi and being polite , good on you, that is normal shit in the pig hunting world unfortunately

Edit, I didn't answer your question, yes I would have stayed, and I would be going back there a lot more now...
    Last edited by moonhunt; 10-03-2014 at 10:11 PM.
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    OPCz

Hahahaha pull the ole brown eye to the camera?

Sound like wank stains going off the story. Tell the cops?
    mucko, Hunt4life and Dynastar27 like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Should have taken his toothbrush and shoved it up your arse in front of the camera and then replaced it in his bag, would be awesome to see his face when he checks the camera a few days later!
    mucko, Gibo and Dawg like this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Hahahaha pull the ole brown eye to the camera?

Sound like wank stains going off the story. Tell the cops?
    I haven't told the cops yet, but now that you mention it...
    pretended too..haha
    Toby likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Should have taken his toothbrush and shoved it up your arse in front of the camera and then replaced it in his bag, would be awesome to see his face when he checks the camera a few days later!
    yeah should have done lots of things but while I was hunting I didnt want my tires slashed!

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Spud I have to share a story my friend told me....

Years ago he and a mate flew into a hut to pig hunt an area, when they got there they were unwelcomed by a nudist photographer , he walked around starkers, put up a tarp or something in the hut to claim his stake of the area and keep his unwelcome vibe going, in the mornings he would put enough water in the billy for only his drink etc

This pissed my mate off, he put up with it until the last day, the nudist went for a walk to wash or something, so with the flash camera they got his tooth brush and shoved it up the backside of one of the pig dogs and took several photos of it going in and out then packed up and left

So to the nudist photographer, that was my mate having a crack at beginner photography how did they come out?? bahaha
    OPCz

Police complaint, it's pretty simple.

I would not have left, especially if my mates were big and strong!

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    Police complaint, it's pretty simple.

I would not have left, especially if my mates were big and strong!
    We were 3 and 2 dogs they were 2 and 1 dog. I was staying no matter what anyway, It's was public land too.

I would have stayed, its very easy to remain civil and work things out to everyones advantage, and it appears you tried that. So balls now in your court, you did the right thing. Now make a complaint to the cops, they probably wont do anything, but at least your complaint will be on record. And next time keep your camera or phone turned on to video but in your pocket - it will record everything for you without anyone else knowing whats happening. Very good evidence IF needed at a later date.
    kingstoncowboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    I would have stayed, its very easy to remain civil and work things out to everyones advantage, and it appears you tried that. So balls now in your court, you did the right thing. Now make a complaint to the cops, they probably wont do anything, but at least your complaint will be on record. And next time keep your camera or phone turned on to video but in your pocket - it will record everything for you without anyone else knowing whats happening. Very good evidence IF needed at a later date.
    Trouble is.. if I make a compliant to the police about it and they see my truck in there again they probably will slash my tires or more, and it's a looonnnnggg walk out.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstoncowboy View Post
    Trouble is.. if I make a compliant to the police about it and they see my truck in there again they probably will slash my tires or more, and it's a looonnnnggg walk out.
    Game cameras are getting cheaper by the day, grab one, dedicate it to your truck
    kingstoncowboy and Hunt4life like this.
    OPCz

I reckon what you did was all they could ask for. You could have been a prick got up at 4 and all spread out across the while area but instead you worked in with the plans of those who were there first. Good on you i say. Would welcome people.with your attitude turning up at my camp and those pics will be hard case when they get them. I would have stayed. They just a couple of tools
    Hunt4life likes this.

Fulla
    maybe in this instance its a big camp ground made for many parties with lots of hunting for everyone.
    otherwise I wouldn't be interested in ground that is being hunted by others who have scared everything off, safety reasons too. I would rather have gone somewhere else. why ruin both parties hunt, first in best dressed.
    I cant say it has happened to me hunting. but when I go for miles down a beach and start fishing and the rest of the coast is open for everyone else and someone comes and stands right by me, it pisses me off. I thought it was a bit of a un-written rule. like pissing in a urinal, give a respectful bit of room.
    Hunt4life likes this.

I have always wondered what an armed hunter would do if they came out of the bush and seen some cunt messing with there vehicle?
    Rusky, Hunt4life, thomas and 1 others like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive