Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Arsenal Sarvo

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

1938 BRNO VZ24 8x57 - Boyd stock + Leupold bases/Rings

Hi All,

Up for sale is my famous VZ24. I don't have current pictures of it, but here is a listing of the original sale which I bought. Couple of minor differences which I'll explain below. http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...-1938-a-19142/

1 - The barrel is not in great condition. Here is what it looks like http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...-barrel-22125/
    2 - The bolt is not the same either - The original bolt in the photo was pitted so another one tooks its place and headspace was check and all ok.

Now, I havent put a round throuh it as I wasn't going to waste my money or time. But besides the barrel, the action is in great condition and so is the bolt. The stock is also almost as new except for a couple of minor scratches, which if requested I can take photos of plus action etc.

What I have done is spoken to a couple of smiths in regards to doing a rebarrel jobby without costing the earth and making it un affordable. Mike Collins ( Din Collins son) has come up trumps. He has numerous new military barrels in stock in 8/7mm, long and short barrel and has quoted me $100 for the barrel plus another $100 (possibly more but not much) for fitment. He also has some good 30 cal options at good prices too.

Currently I have a dispute with the courts lodge with this rifle, but will cancel it if it sells due to moving onto another rifle purchased today (7x57). I will put it on TM, but it's listed here first. It really would make a great rebarrel jobby, I just have a dislike for the gun due to the dealings I have with it so if I went down the rebarrel route myself I would look at the gun with distaste unfortunately.

Price - $500 + postage

Cheers,
    Grant

What bolt handle does it have on it now? Is it an original V24 bolt?

k98, tidy bolt - will need a chop or a bend to clear scope. check the other for photos bc.