Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

1997 Blue Water 8.5m ali trailer boat

I have here, a 8.5m Blue Water trailer boat that is currently taking up space. We received it as part trade for a 42' Salthouse charter launch, and I need a small-ish trailerable work boat not a pleasure-only boat. I can't put the Blue Water into commercial survey due to the required design approval and paperwork apparently being lost... It's not worth my time getting the design redrawn and submitting it back for re-approval under MOSS.

Vessel is in good condition for age, 5.7L Mercruiser with the risers rebuilt and all good (petrol motors are lighter, more efficient and cheaper to service for trailer work than diesel, and that = more space onboard and a better rig to tow).

Garmin 12" touchscreen GPS/chartplotter/sounder, works well. Lockable cabin that will sleep two, gas cooker with galley sink and potable water tank, manual pump head/toilet, game rigged with outrigger poles, Maxwell winch with Rocna anchor, remote control powered recovery winch on the trailer. I've just fitted a wireless towing controller to the Carlisle brake system so any vehicle with a 50mm ball and a 3500Kg tow rating can tow it without requiring the fitting of a hardwired controller to the tow vehicle.

Trailer needs a little bit more work to sort the brakes out, been sitting for six months while I was away working so reg'd but no WoF currently.

Looking for expressions of interest, the value assigned to the vessel at time of trade was $60K but as I stated before - as I can't put the vessel into survey easily it's no longer of any use and is a business asset that needs to be disposed of (end of financial year and needing to wind the charter company up).

Will consider all offers, and will look at trades for a suitable vessel that can be put into survey. Chucking it on here before going to agents or auction. Let me know if you want any more info, I'm currently moving house but can email some photo's through...

Pics please google has nothing

Patience, will do once everything is at new place. Don't currently know which box everything is in...