Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Beaker
  • 2 Post By stumpy

Thread: 20 ft containers

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...

20 ft containers

So being a bit cheeky, I'm looking for 10 X 20 ft shipping containers for our new range, the cheeky bit is it would be good if they are free

Can do some sponsorship deal, if a company wanted to donate them or some of the cash for them (we have a price of around $2,000 each delivered)
    Or range membership if individuals, and/or name on a thank you board, etc.

They will be used to hold up the aerial baffles for the 100m range. We already have the baffles, just needing the way to hold them up!

Needing them in Timaru
    Tommy likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

i may know a man that knows a man , ... in all seriousness , my mate who is high up in mainfrieght may be able to help ... but hes in the states on holiday at the moment , how soon do you need an answer
    Beaker and Tommy like this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Sounds like an expensive way of holding them up, how about driving piles in?

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    i may know a man that knows a man , ... in all seriousness , my mate who is high up in mainfrieght may be able to help ... but hes in the states on holiday at the moment , how soon do you need an answer
    That sounds promising!
    Not to urgent, we still need to do a bit more work on the baffles, foundation area etc.... (read 2-3 months) just trying to line things up, as we have a bit of storage space onsite to put any that become available

When do you reckon you'd beable to have a chat?
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Sounds like an expensive way of holding them up, how about driving piles in?
    Even more expensive from our research.

Open to ideas though! 24 ton, 40ft long, 2.6m from ground level, and a heap of windage!