Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

20" Norinco SKS w/Tech Sights + fore-end mounting rail

Norinco 20" SKS (7.62x39) with Tech Sights and a picatinny rail mounted in the bayonet groove. - $600 but open to offers, will also take AR15 parts or .223/.303/.308 rounds or reloading gear as part or full payment. More than happy to discuss options.Make an offer.

I've had this about a year but have upgraded to an AR15 for the simple reason I can use it on goats and rabbits and I want to play around with upgrading it so sadly this means it has to go. So what sets this SKS out from every other SKS on the market? A couple of things in particular order:

1 - The stock doesn't look like it's been painted with fanta. It's been stripped down and linseed oiled. A lot nicer looking that the roadcones that some of them have for a stock.
    2 - Take down button has been trimmed up so it doesn't take a sledge hammer to open and close.
    3 - The bayonet grove has been replaced with a custom made steel insert which has been epoxied solidly into place and shaped to be flush with the wood work. This has then drilled and taped to allow a picatinny rail to be mounted. Although currently blue thread-locked in place this rail is easily removable should the buyer wish and I have never had an issue with it rattling loose (easily 500 round fired since I installed it and never had to tighten it once.). I usually run it with a rail cover which is included but a custom made front grip is also included. It seemed wrong to have a polymer grip on a wooden stock so I made this out of mac and while not as nicely done as the steel insert it does the job. If required and for the right price I could make up a much nicer one for the buyer on request. This rail could of course be used to mount anything that attaches to a picatinny rail: lasers, torches etc.
    4 - Tech Sight. TS200 Steel Frame version adjustable for windage and elevation. Anybody who has fired a SKS will know that the mid barrel iron sights leave a bit to be desired. These Tech Sights change a hell of a lot. Mounted on the back of the receiver they make the SKS so much more fun to shoot and so much easier as well. I had a mate of mine pick these up in the States while he was over there as they are a bit of a pain to get in NZ. As long as you keep the four mounting screws at the back tight and the body of the sight parallel to the back of the receiver you won't have a problem with a wandering zero (sounds more complicated than it is). I keep the allen key for that in the little compartment at the back. I've never had to resight this in after takedown, just make sure the sight is in the correct position and away you go.

Other than that it's pretty much your standard SKS - 7 shot internal mag that can be fed by stripper clips (a couple of cut down ones of those are included), decent trigger for it is, strong safety. Feeds and cycles well. All matching numbers etc.The previous owner ground off the two lugs under the muzzle which is actually good as they don't snag on every twig and branch.

Right onto pictures:

Name:  SKS1.jpg
Views: 1244
Size:  927.8 KBName:  SKS4.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  561.6 KBName:  SKS5.jpg
Views: 1886
Size:  814.4 KBName:  SKS6.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  700.2 KBName:  SKS7.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  782.3 KBName:  SKS8.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  503.4 KBName:  SKS9.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  556.6 KBName:  SKS10.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  459.1 KBName:  SKS11.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  487.9 KBName:  SKS12.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  898.6 KBName:  SKS13.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  549.4 KBName:  SKS14.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  606.5 KBName:  SKS15.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  512.8 KBName:  SKS2.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  638.9 KBName:  SKS3.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  654.0 KBName:  SKS Grouping.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  470.3 KB

I'll also include 60 rounds of ammo that I had left over. This is the same ammo that was used in that grouping picture. Also included is a bolt on muzzle brake. I gave it a try, didn't really notice a difference and within 50 rounds it had bent the bolts and accuracy went to shit, took it off and all was ok again. You can give it another go (you'll have to find some bolts) or take it with you or just leave it with me. Makes a good paperweight if nothing else.

Would prefer pick up but can ship with the correct forms. Obviously no FAL no sale.
    Last edited by Jacobite; 12-05-2016 at 11:41 PM.

Sorry, didn't mean $600, meant $500. $500 for the lot. Also have a Savage .22 Magnum bolt action w/ heavy barrel, optics and thumbhole stock if somebody is interested.