Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By spada
  • 1 Post By 223nut

Thread: .22 suppressor 1/2 *20

.22 suppressor 1/2 *20

Right folks, I'm getting the 10/22 shortened and threaded, looking for a suppressor that I can taken bits and clean. Not 100% sure on thread as it won't get done till after new years. Wanting more over barrelling sticking out the front. Will be running subs through it mainly at possums out to 20m but might get the odd tin or target plinked with high velocity.

Anyone got an old one lying around gathering dust?

Bump... Doesn't have to be 1/2*20 just something fairly regular, status guns won't get it done till after the 5th.

Bump before I go and buy a new one online, would make do with one I can't take to pieces if it makes a difference.... Sadly guncity has the best prices at the moment..

Ok since nothing has come up, anyone used the guncity hushpower 22 cal suppressors? https://touch.trademe.co.nz/listing/view/1232939082

Don't want to spend a fortune on a plinking rifle / possums at the top of a tree (20m+) using mainly subsonics. The above is the cheapest I can find that you can dismantle for a good clean.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Ok since nothing has come up, anyone used the guncity hushpower 22 cal suppressors? https://touch.trademe.co.nz/listing/view/1232939082

Don't want to spend a fortune on a plinking rifle / possums at the top of a tree (20m+) using mainly subsonics. The above is the cheapest I can find that you can dismantle for a good clean.
    Other two options are a uncorks Spartan or a Dpt modular. Anyone got any of the above? Recommendations? Really happy with my 30cal dpt

When I saw the TM listing and GS's claim that they have made them for 25 years I thought WTF no they haven't. Then realised that I was confusing their brand, Hushpower, with my Hushpro. Maybe a clever bit of close naming going on there.
    So, I have a Hushpro which has similar guts to the GS one. Happy with it, effective, easy to strip and clean, maybe a tad bulky.
    Also have an old steel Parker Hale which is heavy, harder to clean but still one of the most effective around.
    And a MAE stainless to match my stainless pea rifle. It is very effective, slim, maybe as heavy as the bullky Hushpro, easy to clean but EXPENSIVE.
    Did have a MAE Mighty Mouse - junky.

Would try one of Darren's DPT's if getting another.

Cheers for that info @zimmer leaning towards the dpt though I like supporting Robbie at gunworks....

Anyone know if the gunworks Spartan can get taken apart for cleaning?

Really happy with my 30cal dpt
    There's your answer right there I'm really happy with my 20cal DPT also.

I've had Guncity Magnum 22 cal can was ok but couldn't disassemble for cleaning and heavy on the end of a light rifle. Had a Greystone on the end of the 17hmr looked to be a similar design to the Hushpower.

I found that single piece internal baffle difficult to unscrew (after a few dirty rimfire rounds) without deforming the outer parts of the can, not knocking the greystone just saying that unscrewing the innards was difficult and although I haven't had a huspower I would expect the same difficulty.

I've had the DPT on the end of the 17WSM for a while now and had no problems getting it apart, and that round is very dirty also. The other DPT pro is that you can always add another module if you feel you need to. Not much you can do with a single piece job except grin and bear it.

Plus IMHO to pimp up your 10/22 the DPT is much sexier.
    The cons... you always have to pay more when dealing with a pimp or so I'm told
    223nut likes this.

@spade ok that settles it @DPT it is
    spada likes this.