Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: .223 zastava for 7.62x39 zastava

.223 zastava for 7.62x39 zastava

Hi all. Looking at building somethig and don't figure it's easier to just get the right bolt face vrs opening it. Would also be interested in any other mini type actions. Howa ect.

Cheers

Warm Barrels!

there is one for sale on trademe now.....
    robhughes-games likes this.

Name:  CF5DE61E-98CD-46E9-BB9D-8BA8F9BFF033.jpeg
Views: 236
Size:  179.5 KB thats from my howa mini 6.5 grendel 32.3 gn cfe223 and 100gn seirra flat base hollow point
    It messures 0.334” shot during load development I have replicated the group or even betterd it a couple of times since but its easy consistently under 0.5 inches

Its a $900 rifle and theres 800 in scope and rings
    So way cheaper than a custom so inless you want a custom for a certain reason id condenser buying a howa and shooting as is

Anyone got one?

Quote Originally Posted by robhughes-games View Post
    Anyone got one?
    Iv got one @robhughes-games , with a near new 3-9x40 Redfield good wee gun ,nice bit of timber & blueing in excellent condition
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Iv got one @robhughes-games , with a near new 3-9x40 Redfield good wee gun ,nice bit of timber & blueing in excellent condition
    Not to interested in he scope as I have the same scope sitting here but pm what you want for it.or keen to swap for a .223 one?

Quote Originally Posted by robhughes-games View Post
    Not to interested in he scope as I have the same scope sitting here but pm what you want for it.or keen to swap for a .223 one?
    Nar its to good to part with , just thought id put my hand up & say yes I have one
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

There's a Zastava 308 n Cromwell hunting and fishing at the moment. 2nd hand, looked nice, threaded also and I think came with a suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    There's a Zastava 308 n Cromwell hunting and fishing at the moment. 2nd hand, looked nice, threaded also and I think came with a suppressor.
    H Cheers. Want a mini action though

ok my 2 cents worth.....
    if you going to 7.62x39mm why bother going for best most accurate you can get??? its not needed or reaaly worth the hassle/cost
    unless you looking at dialing up and using very good loads or subsonic and even better more expensive loads she is what she is a basic 150 yard max rifle with good solid chest shots being your bread n butter.
    a cheap n cheerful finished by hand n foot norinco bolt action will do the job just as well as anything flasher,sure action is agricultural but if you work it like you mean it functions flawlessly. the deer etc wont know the difference.

the .223 zastavas are awesome wee rifles it would be a shame to faaark around with it for stuff all net gain....if you feeling undergunned switch to a 50 grn ttsx infront of 25ish grns of 2206 and go forth and slay a few redskins. you are still going to be limiting yourself to 150ish yards....maybe 200 if you good keen dead eye dick.
    ive shot enough deer at bush ranges with both setups to know there is not a hell of alot of difference between them
    the .223 doesnt have projectile weight but has speed/shock...give it mono projectile it has penertration
    the x39 doesnt have huge speed/shock but has enough and same for expansion/penertration
    meat damage will be similar, projectile choice will affect this more than anything but the .223 will do more damage /has more potential to do so as fellas who use vmax etc will graphically show you, with gory photos of whole front ends all bruised to heck.the x39mm simple doesnt have the velocity to do so....unless you sabot it back to .224 lol

wish I could get my zastava back nice laminated stock clean barrel no open sights from factory only rifle I have shot deer with.used rem 55gr core lokt factory ammo only.

keep looking bud they pop up 2nd hand quite often...and no you cant have mine.

So, you're keen to swap a 223 you possess for a x39 one or the other way around? I know a guy getting out of his guns who has a 223 one, very well cared for. I want a x39 one, so that could work very well
    Identify your target beyond all doubt