Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GSP HUNTER
  • 1 Post By berg243

Thread: 223 Zavasta

223 Zavasta

I'm selling this beaut little Zastava 223 to get into a Marlin 1895 45/70
    I recently purchased this rifle off 257Weatherby but the lever addiction is taking over so out she goes.
    Editor from NZ Hunter did a 3 page write up and concluded they are neat
    well balanced rifles with good lines, classic looks and really portable.
    He also said with a few mods, they can gain good hunting accuracy.
    The blokes I know who own these rifles all love them and I can see why.

257Weatherby said of this rifle; the Zastava was Very pretty wee rifle, nice wood, very nice blueing, action a little rough, machine tolerances not what they could be. Bolt knob extension ,American Whitetail 55gn went moa, but this rifle will never be a tack driver without load development and trigger work.

I'm only after $580 firm + postage, it comes with brand new weaver low rings and a bore snake. If you pick up I have a bunch of ammo for it

I'll get round to putting up a pick but in the meantime here's one 257Weatherby took, I think hes a better photographer than me:

PM me if interested

Name:  Zasava sel.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  616.9 KB
    berg243 likes this.

if it was the laminated stock like the one I stupidly sold I would be buying it.nice handy rifle the only one I have actually shot deer with why do we do dum things like sell good rifles?
    Micky Duck likes this.

The early ones marked cz crevena zastava craguvac are much smoother. Free floating and glass bedding got mine to half minute accuracy (cost $50 for bedding compound) as the pressure bedding in the wooden stock is a bit hit and miss and the recoil lug cutout is a bit generous. I dont know if the boyds stocks are better.
    The trigger is fully adjustable ive got the instructions somewhere let me know if you want them
    Last edited by Marty Henry; 01-10-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added a bit

one thing I have noticed different to mine...my scope bases are one piece so bridge across breech area....dont know why thet changed mounts later on...... 24.5grns of AR 2206h behind a 50grn speer will be dawdling along and these rifles love it.....
    from memory the trigger is same/similar to my mod 70 winchester.....two nuts and a spring????
    mine is simply hot gluegun bedded and shoots sub moa all day long...havent really found an ammo it doesnt like and have killed countless animals with it...cant believe this rifle is back up for sale again.....

SPF

Someone knows quality at a great price when they see it

That's a great price - Love mine but way too much to sell it to get the Marlin 45/70 I want ! - This little action is the poor mans (can't afford $1800 +) Sako Vixen