Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

25-06 barrel for parkerhale with mauser98 action or maybe a 25-06 rifle-any breed

i have a parker hale with mauser 98 action in 270 cal shoots good ( got me a couple of stags this year ) but i would like a 25-06 so if i could find a GOOD barrel hat would be a cheap option ( i think) but would consider a whole working rifle in 25-06 so save me pulling a good rifle to bits, i am very much leaning towards rifles with top loading mags that stager the rounds ( not one on top of another ) like the parker, howa 1500 ect
    thanks

got a 2506 barrel from Tikka T3 if that's of interest. I bought this 2506 Tikka 2nd hand for custom build project - exact round count unknown but its stainless and in good nick. The 2506 bbl will be looking for a good home

Just a thought Birch, why not keep that 270, load up some 110 grain ttsx or 110 hornadys for your 270. I'm a total convert to 110s and was an avid 2506 owner. Both great cals but not much in it with todays bullet selection.

The 110 ttsx in particular for me takes the 270 to a whole new level. Kills like the hammer of Thor with noticeable reduction in recoil. Good option.

[QUOTE=chainsaw;632243]got a 2506 barrel from Tikka T3 if that's of interest. I bought this 2506 Tikka 2nd hand for custom build project
    cheers chainsaw, but im after something that will thread straight in to keep cost down less smithing required the better, thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by GSP HUNTER View Post
    Just a thought Birch, why not keep that 270, load up some 110 grain ttsx or 110 hornadys for your 270. I'm a total convert to 110s and was an avid 2506 owner. Both great cals but not much in it with todays bullet selection.

The 110 ttsx in particular for me takes the 270 to a whole new level. Kills like the hammer of Thor with noticeable reduction in recoil. Good option.
    hmm i dont have reloading gear i would pref some thing off the shelf, is there any factory ammo like that ( without getting into ridiculas pricing ) let me guess your answer is to start reloading haha, what about projectile coeffecent ( if thats the right term ) a long slim projectile flys better yes? thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by birch View Post
    hmm i dont have reloading gear i would pref some thing off the shelf, is there any factory ammo like that ( without getting into ridiculas pricing ) let me guess your answer is to start reloading haha, what about projectile coeffecent ( if thats the right term ) a long slim projectile flys better yes? thanks for your input
    lol. Its a reloading option. Perhaps someone on the forum here could help out.

i dont know how things go posting ammo because ive only sent firearms but post aside would you be keen to load 10-20 rounds if i sent you up some brass up and put some money in your account? then i could try it and see if its worth pursueing

Hi there I have a sako AV 25.06 AI that also have its original 270 barrel and reloading dies if interested

pm in bound