Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

.270 Brass - Norma & Sako

Might as well clear out the cupboard, I've been saving my brass for years but I doubt I'll ever get around to setting up for reloading anyway...

All once-fired .270Win brass, happy to send it in the pictured boxes if you like:

88x Norma - $55
    Name:  DSC00641 (1024x683).jpg
Views: 148
Size:  399.1 KB

31x more Norma - $20. Probably exactly the same as the above brass, but because I bought it as a different lot no. of ammo I thought I'd list it separately
    Name:  DSC00643 (1024x683).jpg
Views: 139
Size:  364.9 KB

28x Sako - $18
    Name:  DSC00642 (1024x683).jpg
Views: 138
Size:  324.3 KB

Add $5 to bung whatever amount into one of those postage included NZPost bags. I presume they don't have a major problem with empty brass?

pm sent.

SPF

Interesting the difference in some of the primers. A bit late I’m always after those black cartridge holders.

You mean how the earlier Norma were silver primers, then gold coloured for the later batch? Or are you looking at the depth of firing pin strike - the ones that are struck deeper are ones I dry-fired on a couple of times when adjusting my trigger etc.

Might be worth putting out a wanted ad for those black cartridge holders - if the buyer hadn't wanted them I would have chucked them in the rubbish. Probably other people don't realise anyone would want them either and would happily put them in the post instead of the bin?

That’d make sense, I usually have a snap cap in my stock pouch. I’ve had a broken firing pin before so it’s not fun to line up and hear click on an animal.
    Do you shoot much Norma 270.

Norma 130gr SP is the mainstay for my .270, but that's still less than a box a year. Accurate, loaded fast from every account I've ever read and seems to be a good bullet - every one I've found has been well expanded with good penetration. Cost me around $55 a box for the last lot. Every now and again when I've been doing too much reading and not enough hunting, I wonder about the wisdom of putting an unbonded cup and core bullet at 3100fps muzzle velocity into the shoulder of a stag at close range. But I've done exactly that and never had a problem, so I reckon reality trumps theory.
    I'd still like to try Norma's new tipstrike 140gr, or their Oryx if they'd only load it a bit faster in .270. They seem to run that bullet slower than all their others for some reason?