Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 2 Post By deepsouthaussie
  • 1 Post By outdoorlad

Thread: . 277 140g Nosler Accubonds

. 277 140g Nosler Accubonds

Gdy Fellas,

Anyone have a stash of the above at their reloading bench that they would like to move on?

Cheers,
    Tim

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

Have you used them before? People give the 270 shit and say it just drills pinholes in things, which is if course not true with modern projectiles, the 140 accubond however seems to be made of kryptonite or some other extremely hard un-earthly material. Seemed to do about as much damage as a fmj too me and projectiles recovered from an earth bank between 300 and 400 yards had hardly any expansion
    outdoorlad and Dawg like this.
    #27GANG

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Have you used them before? People give the 270 shit and say it just drills pinholes in things, which is if course not true with modern projectiles, the 140 accubond however seems to be made of kryptonite or some other extremely hard un-earthly material. Seemed to do about as much damage as a fmj too me and projectiles recovered from an earth bank between 300 and 400 yards had hardly any expansion
    Yep just about through my 3rd box.. they do some damage alright.. Blew some nice yearling back steak too pieces last night. Doh!.

Exit wound was the size of my fist

From memory were using the LR Accubonds correct?? Or just regular?

Lrab yeap they seem to expand good , shooting light animals like chamois with normal accubonds didnt work out so flash
    #27GANG

Lrab yeap they seem to expand good , shooting light animals like chamois with normal accubonds didnt work out so flash
    You using 145 Eldx?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan M

#27GANG

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    You using 145 Eldx?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope, 150 LRAB, 150 Gameking, 130 VLD in 270win, 150VLD in 270wsm, 170 Elite Hunters in 27 Nosler
    deepsouthaussie likes this.
    #27GANG

Yeah the normal ones are rubbish.. Any you guys wanna get rid of ya shit 140g Nosler Accubond projectiles get at me.... Bumppppp

Gibo and Dawg like this.

I found the same when I was using the federal vital shok 140gn accubonds. The 130gn accubond driven fast would be better.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

@outdoorlad @ryansonghurst did these animal with pinholes in them die? Was it a long recovery or did they just get away? Curious to know. I lost a light bodied fallow recently. Heard shot hit, saw deer jump. Followed blood trail but lost the thing in the dark. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthaussie View Post
    @outdoorlad @ryansonghurst did these animal with pinholes in them die? Was it a long recovery or did they just get away? Curious to know. I lost a light bodied fallow recently. Heard shot hit, saw deer jump. Followed blood trail but lost the thing in the dark. Hmmm

Chamois I shot died but he went a fair way before expiring, shot at about 300 yards with a 140 accubond doing 2930 at the muzzle, I actually thought I had missed him to start then while waiting for him to stop for a second go at it he spun round then just kinda sat down and expired, theyre not hard animals to kill at all with a good projectile normally. Shot had hit directly behind shoulder, damaged a bit of the heart and put a clean hole through both lungs and exited damn near the same size as it went in
    #27GANG

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthaussie View Post

I was using them out of a rifle that shoots slower than an average 270, I think they were only doing a bit over 2800fps, used them mainly bush shooting Reds so most shots under 50m, everything I shot with them died but on a couple of occasions I had to put a second shot into animals that started running off faster than a shoulder shot deer should, and one time 3 shots, that was the last deer I shot with them, went back to a trusty old 130gn SP. they didn't seem to be expanding or dumping enough energy into the animal, just going straight thru, I put it down to that they are very hard & needed to be going faster, probably great in a WSM at 3100+
    Someone at the other pub used to use the 130g accubonds at 3150 & said they were brilliant.
    Dawg likes this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!