Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Cartman
  • 2 Post By viper

Thread: -2nd hand Rifle - Otago

-2nd hand Rifle - Otago

Gday Team,
    just seeing if anyone out there has a 2nd hand rifle of decent condition under $799 in any calibre from 25-06 and upwards.

Im seriously looking at a Mossberg patriot for intended purposes however thought best to Ask on here in case someone keen to offload a nicer quality rifle.

potentially interested in 6.5+ up to 30-06 * with exception to a 270 WSM.....
    Synthetic is preffered but will look at all.

bare rifle is Fine, Scope mounts even better--- Got my own Zeiss to mount.

Will be on the look out until January an by then will purchase a Patriot.

Cheers Team.
    Drop me a PM to keep it off air.

Dont buy a mossberg. You'll get a bare howa for that if you hunt around. Start with gunworks.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Steve123 and Strummer like this.

i use a mossberg and its a really nice rifle, nothing special, fluted bolt and the 'lightning' trigger. think i got it scoped at 700 bux, its nothing fancy but its well built.

Quote Originally Posted by Rees View Post
    Gday Team,
    just seeing if anyone out there has a 2nd hand rifle of decent condition under $799 in any calibre from 25-06 and upwards.

Im seriously looking at a Mossberg patriot for intended purposes however thought best to Ask on here in case someone keen to offload a nicer quality rifle.

potentially interested in 6.5+ up to 30-06 * with exception to a 270 WSM.....
    Synthetic is preffered but will look at all.

bare rifle is Fine, Scope mounts even better--- Got my own Zeiss to mount.

Will be on the look out until January an by then will purchase a Patriot.

Cheers Team.
    Drop me a PM to keep it off air.
    Go to Hunting and Fishing Cromwell mate, they have some very good rifles ( second hand ) in the calibers you are interested in well within your price range.
    Rees and csmiffy like this.

Thanks Team-

Yes the Rifleman and Traditionalists amongst Us will not see the light at the end of the mossburg barrel however The Aussie Sambar hunter in me says that all rifles are Tools and all made to do a job at hand.... i do appreciate the Warnings however- and arnt Set on an willing to seek Rem700-Abolts- etc, i want to backpack hunt more often than not and the Rifles weight is an issue with me to a degree- im a little fella to begin with.

the Mossys arnt heavy at all, unlike a Ruger etc.

Cheers for the heads up an the PMs, certainly keep any offers coming!!

did drop into one of the best gunshops ive ever stepped into today, H&F had some ripping animals on the wall, most look like they jumped the fences from the breeding factory
    but the team was talkative , one bloke spent 5 minutes having a yarn about some rules an regs etc....

had some 2nd handys in the $700-800 range but nothing tickled my fancy.

Cheers again!!
    Rees

PS if anyone has a MARLIN X7............ Let me know- quite a fan.. heres my 30-06 from Aus..
    ps- im a Kimber owner back home.... contemplating having it sent over yet but the cost an effort is rather large..

kimber 7mm-08

I dont see whats wrong with a mossberg, I had one a few years back that I bought so mate could come hunting with me and for a budget rifle it ticked all the boxes, sure was accurate, functioned well. @Rees, I reckon I've seen your mug before, im trying to remember where, did you do a chamois trip with ya mrs and put a video on YouTube at one time? Was a good video that
    #27GANG

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I dont see whats wrong with a mossberg, I had one a few years back that I bought so mate could come hunting with me and for a budget rifle it ticked all the boxes, sure was accurate, functioned well. @Rees, I reckon I've seen your mug before, im trying to remember where, did you do a chamois trip with ya mrs and put a video on YouTube at one time? Was a good video that
    haha Nah that was my mate Profty i rekon that you;re thinkin of..... aussiebushharvest

@Ryan_Songhurst would that have been a Mossy ATR100??