Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 30 round AR-15 Mag's

30 round AR-15 Mag's

Hi
    Have some new unused polycarb 30 round AR-15 mags (black) from SpearMags.
    $50 + postage.Name:  2018-10-17 15.48.09_1200x900.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  133.8 KB

Hi envirns, welcome along, this isnt trd me so why dont you introduce yourself and let us get to know you before you try flogging us stuff.

Unused 30round mags

PM sent.

Hi Marty. I'm not a hunter but rather a smallbore target shooter with bit of fullbore if I can fit it in. My hunting is about hitting a 1mm dot every time. I did read about building up post history before selling stuff, but I'm afraid I don't have a lot to add to hunting discussion. I won these mags in a on-line competition (NZShooters Lottery), & now, obvious to everyone, I have no use at all for 30 round AR-15 Mags lol, but I bet its as fun as heck to blow through a whole magazine doing 3gun shooting or the like. Want to sell these to raise fund to pay for case lot of .22 target ammo. Thats me. Looks like 2 sold, but I have 7 more.

Name:  Oct 036_640x426.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  54.2 KB
    Last edited by Envirns; 18-10-2018 at 08:21 AM.
    dogmatix, Savage1, Beaker and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Envirns View Post
    I won these mags in a on-line competition (NZShooters Lottery), & now, obvious to everyone, I have no use at all for 30 round AR-15 Mags

Hi Envirns, do I assume from this that you do not have E endorsement, and that you won a lottery with 30 rd AR15 mags as the prize that was open to everyone? Ok I know some people collect rifle magazines but still am I the only one wondering about the ethics of this from a shooters perspective? Personally if I didn't have an E cat rifle already and someone offered me a 30rder for an A cat rifle I might own... I can see how some people might be tempted.

pm sent re 7xmags

you dont need to have a E to have magazines with more than 7 or 15 (.22) police dont like it thats all
    mikee and Maca49 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavarick View Post
    you dont need to have a E to have magazines with more than 7 or 15 (.22) police dont like it thats all
    Yeah, but for a reputable shooting organisation to offer such temptation to 'bend' the law as a prize? If I had an A-cat AR15 and won a box of 30rd mags there might be some temptation...!

Hi Marty. I'm not a hunter but rather a smallbore target shooter with bit of fullbore if I can fit it in. My hunting is about hitting a 1mm dot every time. I did read about building up post history before selling stuff, but I'm afraid I don't have a lot to add to hunting discussion. I won these mags in a on-line competition (NZShooters Lottery), & now, obvious to everyone, I have no use at all for 30 round AR-15 Mags lol, but I bet its as fun as heck to blow through a whole magazine doing 3gun shooting or the like. Want to sell these to raise fund to pay for case lot of .22 target ammo. Thats me. Looks like 2 sold, but I have 7 more.

Attachment 97144
    Looks like a pretty good intro, you are aware of course that there are smallbore and target sections here as well.
    Welcome along but I do agree with Ben Waimata and wonder about these on an a cat bolt gun. The length of the magazine is too great to use with a bipod, they are cumbersome and to fit them to an a cat semi would be "naughty"

Hi Marty Didn't know/think I would cause such angst with my 1st post. Totally agree in having a good conversation & ensuring everyone knows and abides by the Firearms Act. As a, what I believe to be a responsible FAL owner, I have discussed this with local police & Regional Firearms officer, they both acknowledged my good fortune in wining the Mag's & confirmed that I can posses them & sell them. I do need to confirm buyers have an E cat endorsement.
    I see others members comments, that this wasn't the case with me being offered & receiving them. Has the Law been broken no, was good/best practice used all the way, probably not.
    To fit to an Acat AR15 is not 'naughty', it would be illegal without owner of the AR15 gaining an Ecat endorsement, is my understanding. If forum moderators want me to withdraw sale, happy to do that.

Note: it is $50 per mag. Proof of Ecat license required.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    Yeah, but for a reputable shooting organisation to offer such temptation to 'bend' the law as a prize? If I had an A-cat AR15 and won a box of 30rd mags there might be some temptation...!
    So start a thread elsewhere for that discussion.
    The OP made a great post when challenged about not treating the site like trademe.
    No need to trash another buy sell swap thread with personal opinion.

Welcome to the site Envirns.
    mikee, Beaker, Dublin and 1 others like this.

Envirns seems a good bloke, when challenged by a grumpy old prick, he provided a good thumbnail sketch rather than getting antsi as some one post buy my stuff guys do.
    I think he will find a niche here and prove to be an interesting addition to the forum. I suspect as he lists fullbore as an interest he could teach the rest of us a bit about reading the wind etc.

Welcome Envirns.

Note: it is $50 per mag. Proof of Ecat license required.
    Why do you need proof of an E cat licence? It wasn't required when you collected your raffle prize and folks can own/possess
    E cat mags without a licence.

Good luck with the sale but the horse has left the stable.