Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 410, cheapie

410, cheapie

Looking for a cheap and cheerful 410 to have a play with and see if my boy has any interest. CHCH area or Top of the South would be ideal. I see GC has one for $229, so I may have a look at those too. Cheers

please? anyone got one hidden away gathering dust?

Name:  r1.JPG
Views: 192
Size:  62.0 KB
    Name:  r2.JPG
Views: 189
Size:  58.5 KB

This help at all?
    RIP Garry S. 23/08/19

There was one in kelly county when i was in there today.

Think it was a single shot hammer. $199 might be worth a closer look

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheers @Max Headroom, I'll have a look at that
    @kukuwai, that is worth a trip for a look, they didn't have one when I asked a fortnight ago
    kukuwai likes this.

I got lucky and managed to get one for a hundy. Ask at your LGS they might have something out the back they donít wanna put on the racks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROKTOY likes this.

what do u want the young fella to shoot with it. Clays??
    If you were to find a cheap 20g u/o or single shot would be happy to loan you some 28g adapters to fit it. Better than a 410 with about the same recoil

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    what do u want the young fella to shoot with it. Clays??
    If you were to find a cheap 20g u/o or single shot would be happy to loan you some 28g adapters to fit it. Better than a 410 with about the same recoil
    Mikee, yes Clays initially, to see if he likes the idea, but perhaps get onto small game etc. I just want to try him on different shooting principles and see what he likes.
    I appreciate the offer, I will see what pops up and may take you up on your offer, thanks very much.
    Last edited by ROKTOY; 15-06-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    mikee likes this.

@ROKTOY I have two here that the kids use you could have borrowed but I see your in Nelson

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    ROKTOY likes this.

@seano, appreciate the offer. I'm ideally looking to buy one so I an mod it to fit my young fella if needed.

I looked at one of those eternal 410 for my boy this year, i found them very hard to break open and the hammer was freakin hard to cock. Yeah it would free up a bit with a few rounds but how many? Couple weeks before opening with no luck trying to find a second hand 410 i ended up buy a yildiz. very light with no hammer. Boy loves it
    ROKTOY likes this.

To those who've used both : Much differnce in recoil between 20ga and 410, all things being equal?

Reason I ask is I wonder if the OP would get better value for money with a 20ga rather than a 410.
    RIP Garry S. 23/08/19

cant compare them...20ga is usually running just under an oz for clay loads or just over for field (not getting into silly 12ga type loads here,that just boots kids around) the wee .410 runs either a 2 1/2" shell somewhere around 1/2oz or 3" shell somewhere around 3/4oz the .410 is always going to be softer recoiling given same gun weight.... or to put it another way,a .20ga in .410 weight will boot more. you can go very light gun weight in .410 and recoil is minimal.20ga not so much.
    Ive shot all manner of game with the .410 and love the wee gun if you respect its limits...25yards is about right. now have insert for the .12ga that works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    To those who've used both : Much differnce in recoil between 20ga and 410, all things being equal?

Reason I ask is I wonder if the OP would get better value for money with a 20ga rather than a 410.
    I use a 20ga for a game gun exclusively except for pheasants over the dog when I use same gun with 28ga inserts. I use a 12 exclusively for clays purely as the ammo is cheaper

I think a light 20ga with 28ga inserts would be better than a .410 for what you want. You and your lad are welcome to try it if you like bit it may e too long in the stock for him

I got one of those eternal single shots from hunting and fishing for 199 almost a year ago and I'm impressed with it for the money spent
    A friend of mine has one supppressed and it's really impressive
    They are crude but still worth a look