Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 6.5x55ai reamer

  1. #1
    6.5
    6.5 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    northland
    Posts
    35

    6.5x55ai reamer

    Hi all. Iím looking for a 6.5x55ai reamer (or one of the other variants of improved 6.5x55
    I do have one lined up to borrow but due to unforeseen circumstances it is going to be awhile before I can get my hands on it so I thought I would ask here incase someone has a good one sitting around. I can either buy or hire one depending on what suits. I am not an expert so I will require my gunsmith to check it over first before I go any further.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Western BoP
    Posts
    6,975
    Haha, just to confirm - you want to hire a Swedish reamer?



    https://workshopinnovation.co.nz/products.asp?cat=14

    They have most things, dunno about any "improvements" though.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

  3. #3
    6.5
    6.5 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    northland
    Posts
    35
    Haha yep
    Thanks mauser308 I will email them and see if they have any reamers

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wallacetown
    Posts
    364
    6.5AI go quite good , you gain over 10% in fps, compared to a 6.5 x 55, am getting an average of 3020 fps out of mine, with 140 grn projectiles.
    I brought mine off Sidney on here, i think he has his own reamer, but i could be wrong on this.
    hunty
    6.5x55AI

  5. #5
    6.5
    6.5 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    northland
    Posts
    35
    Thanks hunty, what length barrel are you running to get that velocity?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wallacetown
    Posts
    364
    22 inch, N560 powder.
    shoots well, Daughter has shot a Red stag at 613 yards,
    i mainly use it for long range, under 600 normally, and also use a standard 6.5x55 in the bush
    Timmay likes this.
    hunty
    6.5x55AI

  7. #7
    6.5
    6.5 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    northland
    Posts
    35
    Sweet thanks, Iím going 26in barrel to start with so should get plenty of velocity without having to push to hard.
    Still on the look out for a reamer

  8. #8
    sneakywaza I got
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fairlie
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by 6.5 View Post
    Hi all. I’m looking for a 6.5x55ai reamer (or one of the other variants of improved 6.5x55
    I do have one lined up to borrow but due to unforeseen circumstances it is going to be awhile before I can get my hands on it so I thought I would ask here incase someone has a good one sitting around. I can either buy or hire one depending on what suits. I am not an expert so I will require my gunsmith to check it over first before I go any further.
    Thanks
    There is one in the forum somewhere, I sold the BJ variant and dies here ages ago, but cannot find it in my PM's after a big cleanout a while ago, keep bumping until someone spots it.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    1,665
    Wot about 6.5 06 AI ?

  10. #10
    Member zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,585
    Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    There is one in the forum somewhere, I sold the BJ variant and dies here ages ago, but cannot find it in my PM's after a big cleanout a while ago, keep bumping until someone spots it.
    A guy on the forum bought all of a F Class shooting mate's 6.5x55bjai gear off him. That wasn't you was it @257weatherby ?
    There would have been dies, almost certainly reamers, hydraulic forming die.

    Sorry @6.5 at the time I noted the forum member but long since forgotten.

  11. #11
    sneakywaza I got
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fairlie
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    A guy on the forum bought all of a F Class shooting mate's 6.5x55bjai gear off him. That wasn't you was it @257weatherby ?
    There would have been dies, almost certainly reamers, hydraulic forming die.

    Sorry @6.5 at the time I noted the forum member but long since forgotten.
    Hey @zimmer , that was me, good little package that, maybe should have kept it.

  12. #12
    Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Gore
    Posts
    2,031
    @muzr257 has 1

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

  13. #13
    6.5
    6.5 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    northland
    Posts
    35
    Thanks guys your a big help as always

    The Claw thank you I will send him a PM and see if thereís any chance of working something out

  14. #14
    6.5
    6.5 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    northland
    Posts
    35
    No luck yet, still on the lookout for a reamer

  15. #15
    6.5
    6.5 is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    northland
    Posts
    35
    .

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 6.5x55ai light loads
    By 6.5 in forum Reloading and Ballistics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-01-2020, 10:27 AM
  2. wts 6.5x55ai
    By Toby in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 17-03-2015, 06:30 AM
  3. 577/450 reamer?
    By greghud in forum Projects and Home Builds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 12:33 AM
  4. 6.5x55AI
    By Toby in forum Reloading and Ballistics
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 29-08-2014, 01:36 PM
  5. DIY Reamer
    By Normie in forum Projects and Home Builds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 10:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!