Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Arsenal

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JustKiddin

Thread: 7.5x54 mas

7.5x54 mas

mates on the lookout for some 7.5x54 mas ammo...
    22 hornets and most things 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    mates on the lookout for some 7.5x54 mas ammo...
    A collector or a shooter?

If a shooter with something as odd as that I assume he has reloading dies. The 7.5x54 can be formed from 6.5x55 Swedish so long as the case is made to original Scandinavian specs (not US manufactured which apparently have a different head size). Bullets will be more of a challenge to get exact, they are .309" but .308 probably would work.

Form 7.5x54 Fr from 6.5x55? [Archive] - Cast Boolits
    "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." Groucho Marx

Ok ill let him know cheers

I've been away for ages... and whaddya know... someone else has a rifle shooting 7.5x54 French.
    Pretty hard to get ammo off the shelf. Prvi make it and I have a few packets from the past but not sure if anyone has it in stock in NZ any longer. 139gr FMJ

But Gunworks do stock their brass, and just use 308 projectiles. A bit of info on the web if you poke around.
    If you are just using it to do a bit of service rifle target shooting, load it down a bit for comfort provided it is still accurate, with lighter FMJ projectiles no heavier than 150gr. And if it is a MAS 36, throw one of those slip on recoil pads on to extend the stock so you can shoot the darn thing without cramping up like a midget.

Good luck.
    northdude likes this.