Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 9mm reloading stuff

9mm reloading stuff

ok, looks like I may have another hobby!!! Yes Nzfubz safe to say I'm hooked!!!!im Just looking but after 9mm dies / a progressive press of some discription and any other 9mm related "Bit and pieces" have a small stockpile of brass to get me started and that's about it!

I do have 100 cases of 38 special if anyone interested?

Cheers
    I appreciate & respect differing views, I greatly value the benefit of good conversation around differing opinions & respect points of view contrary to my own, however when you’re a belligerent self-opinionated obnoxious troll like individual, +1 to the ignore list

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tertle View Post
    ok, looks like I may have another hobby!!! Yes Nzfubz safe to say I'm hooked!!!!im Just looking but after 9mm dies / a progressive press of some discription and any other 9mm related "Bit and pieces" have a small stockpile of brass to get me started and that's about it!

Cheers
    What do you want for the .38 cases?
    I can swap some 9mm.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    What do you want for the .38 cases?
    I can swap some 9mm.

Send me an address, you've helped me out in the past! And sorry not quiet a 100!

Name:  IMG_1260.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  538.3 KB
    I appreciate & respect differing views, I greatly value the benefit of good conversation around differing opinions & respect points of view contrary to my own, however when you’re a belligerent self-opinionated obnoxious troll like individual, +1 to the ignore list

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Tertle View Post

Cheers
    Nice mate, doesn't take long to get hooked
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Quote Originally Posted by nzfubz View Post
    Nice mate, doesn't take long to get hooked
    yeah now the choices!!!!!! spoilt with the para ordnance 45acp, loved the STI 40S&W, partial to the 9mm XDM, happy to go with the Glock 17, so if you see a gen 3 or 4 about!!!!!

Think there was one for sale yesterday on the nz IPSC Facebook page will have a look for you
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

@nzfubz thanks

I think there was a Lee Pro 1000 on there too

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Bill Wright, rusa projectiles..... great pricing and great projectiles. Think he may sell powder and primers to.

Don't fuck around with the press either. Just buy a 650 and you won't look back. Dillon carbide dies, and case feeder.
    seano likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

R93
    +1 for Bill. He does do powder and primers. I just recently bought a supply of primers and projectiles off him.

Oh and do your research when buying a press. There are others out there that are as good as the Dillon which by the way is a great progressive press but are cheaper to purchase and run.

Also if you ever need change caliber it costs around 70 bucks to do so.
    I load 9mm, .40, .38/.357 .223 and .308 on mine. Have a look and see what it will cost you to do all that an a dillon.

Tertle likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Also if you ever need change caliber it costs around 70 bucks to do so.
    I load 9mm, .40, .38/.357 .223 and .308 on mine. Have a look and see what it will cost you to do all that an a dillon.

One of the biggest benefits to the Dillons is the warranty. If you manage to break something, you just ask them nicely and they send you replacements.

On the caliber conversions, you could always do it the American way and buy a separate 650 for each caliber. Although that may just make your eyes water.
    Beaker likes this.

Give Kerry at 'The Gearlocker' a hola or check him on FB, he has a range of Dillon stuff might be able to help you out.

Hey @Tertle,

Kerry has just listed this for sale.

https://gearlocker.nz/shop/dillon-550b-setup-9mm-used/

I have a set of Lee dies spear if you need some.

Often these come with a progressive press, so if buying new press, best to go with new dies too.

I know people talk about getting a 650 press, but if you want to fork out over $1k, go ahead. I've run a Lee Pro1000 and haven't ever had any issues in 5000 rounds. I bought it second hand with a spare set of dies (hence I have a spare set) and a box of extra parts. cost $200. Yeah, a 650 or even a 550 would be nice, but its just more money. Plus, changing calibre on a 650 is expensive if more than a Lee. Hornady LnL AP is super fast to swap too.
    Tertle likes this.