Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Stager BLK Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree49Likes
  • 6 Post By VXN222
  • 14 Post By Willie
  • 2 Post By rockland
  • 6 Post By Cartman
  • 18 Post By bunji
  • 2 Post By Mintie
  • 1 Post By 223nut

Thread: Advice/ suggestions

Advice/ suggestions

Well after my last post a while ago, the body has now agreed it's time to sell up hunting lock, stock, and smoking...well you know.
    Health dealt me a prick of a blow last year, lucky to be here, but reality is looking at another 2-3 years of recovery so prioritising and the hunting items are the furthest from being able to achieve therefore, first to go.
    I'm accepting of what my life is now so not sad but kinda lost therefore asking for advice on how to move a semi .22, 7 mm08, safe, bi-pod, rest of gear i want to move onwards and to be honest probably aimed at someone starting out?

Seriously what's the best option? Nice package price for it all or break it down?
    Cheers to you all.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

bugger aye, If you need the money there will be someone busy Typing now that will happily pay you a fair price. No doubt you have a few $$ tied up there.

If not, hold onto them for the mean time and you may find someone in your life who you can pass some skills and treasures too.

Growing up with the ole mate down the road that taught me how to shoot, told stories of chasing animals across the South and eventually gave me my first 22 really set the tone right.

All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a sad day for you Willie but it sounds like you've accepted it. I'd be thinking individual posts with each of your major items. Easier to manage

Quote Originally Posted by VXN222 View Post
    bugger aye, If you need the money there will be someone busy Typing now that will happily pay you a fair price. No doubt you have a few $$ tied up there.

If not, hold onto them for the mean time and you may find someone in your life who you can pass some skills and treasures too.

Growing up with the ole mate down the road that taught me how to shoot, told stories of chasing animals across the South and eventually gave me my first 22 really set the tone right.

All the best.

Appreciate this, don't need the money as such, just liquidating assets and prioritising life. Fancy one last lazy assed deer sitting down and not moving very far before i hang it up. Actually one hanging in the freezer and let me stand outside while it goes bang would be fine ;-)

Not sad, just life. Still above ground. I win, cheers.
    mikee, BSA, Woody and 11 others like this.

Willie it's good to hear you're on the road to recovery!
    Best to sell those items separately. If your pricing is realistic they should sell alright, but unlikely that someone would want to buy everything together rifles+bipod+safe+tent etc.

By all means offer the rifle+scope+suppressor as one item.
    Last edited by rockland; 21-01-2022 at 08:59 PM.
    viper and Micky Duck like this.

Yea good on ya, least you can accept what what. If you had any ties to the local Clubs could be another way? Or just huck a few picks up on here and you’ll be away.

For individual rifles I think it's best to offer as a package, and as a minus scope option (i.e rifle, rings, suppressor as a package).

Bro if you're ever in southland hit me upand I'll take you out for some truck deer.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    7mmsaum, Speill, tetawa and 3 others like this.

As for the gear put them up as packages saves a heap of time. If people want the individual components they can sort it put amongst them.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Every day above ground is a win for everyone @Willie,something us Westerners do not appreciate enough .

I spent years competitive Sky Diving & off road motorcycle racing & lost a lot of friends along the way ,but what really brought home how when your numbers up its up for any one , was years ago we had a good mate from Sky Diving ,whose son was a world class Wind Surfer & Tri Athlete Competing around the world .

He won a big Wind Surfing Comp & got signed up to a major brand ,decided to sell his flat & brought one of those huge Fifth Wheelers you see in Yank land , a house on wheels ,with the wind out bed rooms etc & needing a Dual Wheeler to tow it & him & his GF were going to live the dream traveling around the US ,to all the hot spots & competing as a full time job.Life could not get better for him .

He had always been a wild child ,but his GF had calmed him right down & years early he even was a world wide viral hit as a shark tried to attack him while Spear fishing in Florida & even though he could have shot it ,he diod not want to & fended it off a couple of times hitting it on the nose with the Spear Gun.

So they are living the life travelling in the huge rig with 3 dogs & all is good ,that big Solar eclipse was happening so they decided to travel to what was rated as the best place to see it in the US ,set up camp a couple of days before having a ball.The fifth Wheeler was that big it had a garage on the back & they had a couple of those Vespa scooters they would zip around on when in towns etc ,they had not used them for a while so they decided to go for a quick ride with the GF pillion .They went 20 Miles were waiting for a intersection to clear & a drugged driver (was back when the Hill Billy Heroin was rife )crossed the wrong side of the road at full pelt ,killed him out right & the GF was saved because at the speed the moron was going she more or less rode his body over the truck .Just like that one day life is grand & living the dream , next minute snuffed out.

Everyone no matter what age or fitness should be squeezing every last bit out of every day

Hope you are travelling OK as much as can be expected & if you ever want to go for a hunt ,l brought a Side By Side especially so l could take 2 old mates in their late 70's hunting when the hills became to steep for them & we have hunted this way for 4 yrs now ,you can even shoot from the SXS if necessary . I have great deer hunting just over 40 minutes from our farms front gate ,to be glassing/hunting deer & you are more than welcome to spend time at the farm ,where the missus is a retired ICU nurse or a trip in the Jet Boat we do not need tell anyone about if you want,only thing you need to bring is yourself,l guided around the world in another life, so am well versed in allowing for all levels of health .Just let us know, wishing you all the best
    Last edited by bunji; 21-01-2022 at 09:55 PM.
    7mmsaum, Speill, mikee and 15 others like this.
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

Some bloody good bastards in here.
    XR500 and Borris like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    Some bloody good bastards in here.
    +1 it's always nice to see
    Borris likes this.

There are indeed some right good people in the world, legends people.