Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By gadgetman
  • 1 Post By magiccube
  • 2 Post By Mintie

Thread: Air rifle

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Jafa land
    Posts
    3,445

    Air rifle

    Hi there. Posting on behalf of a colleague.

    He is after a cheap air gun and scope in Auckland. He has no license so no PCP ones.

    I don't know if he's dreaming cos he wants to spend as close to 100 odd dollars as he can.

    Cheers

    Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    southland
    Posts
    3,116
    a $100 air rifle and scope would be a dud better to throw pellets by hand .might get something around 650 fps without a scope that would be ok to get birds like starlings or even a close pigeon.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Jafa land
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    a $100 air rifle and scope would be a dud better to throw pellets by hand .might get something around 650 fps without a scope that would be ok to get birds like starlings or even a close pigeon.
    Thanks. I know very little about them so will let him know.

    I recommended that he tries Young's air gun center and have a look around there.

    Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    14,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Thanks. I know very little about them so will let him know.

    I recommended that he tries Young's air gun center and have a look around there.

    Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    +1 for Youngs.

    Get him to stretch the budget to at least a couple of hundred for anything worthwhile.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Jafa land
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    +1 for Youngs.

    Get him to stretch the budget to at least a couple of hundred for anything worthwhile.
    I know he used to have some sweet air pistol's back in the day before his girlfriend hid them and now he can't find them.

    He mentioned wanting to get back into it and seeing if he still likes it but will encourage him to save up a bit more.

    Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    14,952
    My favourite air rifle is a Cannon 737 multi pump from Youngs. A licensed copy of the Sharp Innova. A bit slow between shots and fiddly to load but so nice to use. Gets away from the noisy spring that eats scopes. A poor man's PCP.
    Fawls and Russian 22. like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  7. #7
    Member magiccube's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Hi there. Posting on behalf of a colleague.

    He is after a cheap air gun and scope in Auckland. He has no license so no PCP ones.

    I don't know if he's dreaming cos he wants to spend as close to 100 odd dollars as he can.

    Cheers

    Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    Guncity got a good deal during fielddays, but if I remember correctly, they gonna have a big sale next month.
    Russian 22. likes this.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Nz
    Posts
    1,274
    I have one I no longer use. Not mint but still good condition. Have killed a wildcat with it but mostly minor birds and targets. You in Auckland? Have a heap of pellets as well

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Jafa land
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by superdiver View Post
    I have one I no longer use. Not mint but still good condition. Have killed a wildcat with it but mostly minor birds and targets. You in Auckland? Have a heap of pellets as well
    I am in Auckland. Send me a pm and I will show him the photos and look up the brand and model. Thanks

    Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    386
    Lots of options on Trademe at the moment, I just listed quite a few myself including a genuine Sharp Innova. Definitely better to save up a little more and get something better than the entry level stuff which is pretty junky.
    gadgetman and Russian 22. like this.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2015, 07:47 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 11:06 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-12-2014, 01:01 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-10-2014, 03:40 PM
  5. Bruce Rifle Club Service Rifle Competition 2013
    By fernleaf in forum Shooting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-10-2013, 07:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!