Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Scouser
  • 2 Post By stug
  • 1 Post By Nick-D
  • 1 Post By lee308
  • 3 Post By stug
  • 2 Post By stug
  • 3 Post By 40mm

Thread: Am i legal to sell these???? AK47/NHM-90 5 rd mags

Am i legal to sell these???? AK47/NHM-90 5 rd mags

hi guys, i have two 5 round 223/5.56 steel mags, i would rather an E cat licence holder buy these cheaply than go into the g'ment crusher

i have read so many "official" blurbs lately its making my head spin, can i legally sell these 2 mags????....if yes PM me please

Name:  20190402_174344.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  1.64 MB
    nowool likes this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

They are probably legal to sell now, but once the legislation passes in a week or so they will be illegal as they are parts for a prohibited firearm.
    Tikka7mm08 and Scouser like this.

Make the cops buy em back mate, even if you sell them to an e cat holder they will still go in the crusher
    Steve123 likes this.

Not sure if the government will pay for parts of prohibited firearms. They probably expect you to hand them in for free.
    tetawa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lee308 View Post
    Not sure if the government will pay for parts of prohibited firearms. They probably expect you to hand them in for free.
    And theres ya problem!! try the new, dark, underground d
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

If it was legal and will now be banned they will have to pay for it. The devil will be in the detail. Reading the transcripts of the debate for the bill a number of MP's raised the issue of compensation and told the government they needed to announce it quickly and make it fair to stop firearms going underground.
    outdoorlad, Luke556 and lee308 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    If it was legal and will now be banned they will have to pay for it. The devil will be in the detail. Reading the transcripts of the debate for the bill a number of MP's raised the issue of compensation and told the government they needed to announce it quickly and make it fair to stop firearms going underground.
    Which mp's?

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Good call m8

These are legal and should remain legal. However all the rifles that use it will be illegal, so your best to hand it in for whatever money the police will give you.

2BMeaning of prohibited magazine
    In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires, prohibited magazine,—
    (a)
    in relation to a shotgun, means a magazine, whether or not detachable, that is capable of holding more than 5 cartridges commensurate with that shotgun’s chamber size:
    (b)
    in relation to any other firearm (except a pistol),—
    (i)
    means any detachable magazine—
    (A)
    that is capable of holding 0.22 calibre or less rimfire cartridges and that is capable of holding more than 10 of those cartridges:
    (B)
    that is capable of holding more than 10 cartridges and being used with a semi-automatic or fully automatic firearm:
    (ii)
    means any other magazine, whether or not detachable, that is capable of holding more than 10 cartridges; and
    (c)
    includes any other magazine declared by Order in Council made under section 74A to be a prohibited magazine for the purposes of this Act.

They won't remain legal because they are "part" of a "prohibited firearm" and parts of prohibited firearms will be banned. It doesn't matter that they only hold 5 rounds.
    rugerman and Scouser like this.

That's the problem.....I've been told I CAN sell........I then get told NOT to sell......

Look, I'm thinking 5 rounders will become the NORM....IF Ecat holders will be allowed to have semi autos in the future........just trying to help out a forum brother here as the price will sky rocket, or they will become as rare as Hens teeth........PM me if your interested.......then it's NOT on a public site.......
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Here's the catch: yes i think you can sell them until the law is signed. After that, they are E-cat since the law will also affect parts for MSSA guns and will require E-cat paperwork and licensing. Personally I doubt if the govt will pay much if anything for parts. the total bill for parts would greatly exceed the cost of the gun buyback and they are already saying the amount paid for the gun will be based on age, avg price, and any other way of lowering the cost.

send them and a bottle of lube to jacinda and her pals.
    dogmatix, Scouser and Magnus like this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Wollywog View Post
    These are legal and should remain legal. However all the rifles that use it will be illegal, so your best to hand it in for whatever money the police will give you.

2BMeaning of prohibited magazine
    In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires, prohibited magazine,—
    (a)
    in relation to a shotgun, means a magazine, whether or not detachable, that is capable of holding more than 5 cartridges commensurate with that shotgun’s chamber size:
    (b)
    in relation to any other firearm (except a pistol),—
    (i)
    means any detachable magazine—
    (A)
    that is capable of holding 0.22 calibre or less rimfire cartridges and that is capable of holding more than 10 of those cartridges:
    (B)
    that is capable of holding more than 10 cartridges and being used with a semi-automatic or fully automatic firearm:
    (ii)
    means any other magazine, whether or not detachable, that is capable of holding more than 10 cartridges; and
    (c)
    includes any other magazine declared by Order in Council made under section 74A to be a prohibited magazine for the purposes of this Act.
    Yeah, i saw that on the police site.......does this mean we can own FN P90's? its .17 caliber, there are long barrel versions available along with 10 rnd mags. I can't get a straight answer from Wellington