Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT 

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree30Likes
  • 3 Post By Doon
  • 1 Post By Curtis27
  • 12 Post By HoppyV8
  • 13 Post By HoppyV8
  • 1 Post By Kelton

Thread: Another Scammer garysky02

Another Scammer garysky02

Another one has surfaced garysky02 , pm'ed me about the mag I was after.
    0 post count, beware.
    tetawa, Bent Barrel and tikka6.5 like this.

Oh crap - he just got in touch with me too regarding the Harris bipod I was after... Thanks for the alert!

Forgotten but not gone
    was he trying to sell mining equipment as well?
    Be more involved and less impressed.

Theres tooo many of the slime ball low life scammers around.Delect them all.

Man thanks posting this, he just messaged me saying his friens has brass I was after.
    matto1234 likes this.
    Aim small , miss small

Rainy old day here in Nelson, so my kids and I are having a bit of fun giving his 'friend', alexraven097@gmail.com, the runaround on email. Managed to negotiate the brand new 6-9" swivel Harris bipod down to $80 - sadly he wasn't open to a part-trade with a doll house or set of slightly blunt but hardly used Ginsu knives. He has suddenly gone a bit quiet once we established that we had family in Auckland who would only be too happy to pick up and pay for the bipod.

Same as above, he sent a message "got one" sst projectile. What a fuck wit.

he messaged me also ,his friend alexraven097@gmail.com has a stock im looking for at a really good price,,

Email interaction pasted below...

Me: Hi there. Garysky02 on the NZHS forum suggested I contact you about a 6-9” Harris bipod you may have surplus to requirements. I am just building up a hunting rifle for my son, and this is next on the list! Wanting one with notched legs and that can swivel. Cheers, Grant
    Scammer: Hello. Yes I have it available for sale in excellent condition.. Where are you located? What are you looking to pay for it? Thanks
    Me (after being warned by Doon): Hi Alex. Located in Nelson. Not sure on price – what were you thinking? Any photos?
    Scammer: Okay.. It's New and Unused.. How is $80 to you? Thanks
    Me: Perfect! Where are you located?
    Scammer: Where are you located?
    Me: Nelson
    Scammer: Okay.. will you be open to shipping? I'm located in Auckland. What's your shipping address? Thanks
    Me: Small world - I have family in Auckland who say they can pick it up for me. They’ll bring the cash with them. What is your address – will you be around tomorrow afternoon?
    Scammer: Okay.... I work in Auckland. I don't reside over there.. It would have been nice if i do. You can be rest assured I'm going to ship to you and save you the stress. Let me know what you say on this… Thanks
    Me: Fair enough – no problem! Any chance I could do a part-trade? My daughter has a doll house she doesn’t use anymore. If I ship it up (at my cost), and say pay $55?
    Scammer: Okay... I have a son as well but the doll won't be useful here.. To be fair I will take the offer including shipping. Which means $80 shipped to you. What is your address? What do you think? Thanks
    Me: Legend – you’re so kind! How do I pay you? Can I use Bitcoin – I have a lot of these as my parents gift me them every week.
    Scammer: Okay.. Well if that's cool if you want to.. Here's my wallet bc1qwa74jwwlvh0jpntqrxq7z9cg3hsfcp09w2tnm9. Let me know what you say on this. Thanks
    Me: Doesn’t seem to be working – are you sure that is correct? Also, my BC account only allows transfers of over $1000, otherwise I get hit with fees. Can you please reassure me that you will return the extra $$$
    Scammer: Sure it's correct.. Man i'm going to return all extra $$$ paid it's not mine so i can't take it.. I'm a good christain i know how hard it's to work for money.. You can be rest mate. Thanks
    Me: That is such a relief – for a second there I thought you were a scammer, pretending to have goods that hard working Kiwis are after, offer it at a really good price, then disappear.
    Scammer: Okay... I don't rip people off their sweat, it's not my thing.. Let me know if you make payment. Also what's your address?
    Thanks
    Me: Wow, this is great - you still think you have a fish on! My kids and I are now bored and have to cook dinner. Thanks for the last few hours of entertainment – my wife has been away and the kids were getting restless – the timing was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by HoppyV8 View Post
    Rainy old day here in Nelson, so my kids and I are having a bit of fun giving his 'friend', alexraven097@gmail.com, the runaround on email. Managed to negotiate the brand new 6-9" swivel Harris bipod down to $80 - sadly he wasn't open to a part-trade with a doll house or set of slightly blunt but hardly used Ginsu knives. He has suddenly gone a bit quiet once we established that we had family in Auckland who would only be too happy to pick up and pay for the bipod.
    I'm sure it was entertaining but be careful when toying with these people as you can inadvertently give them quite a bit of information. A lot of scammers are simply fishing for info that they can use later or sell to other scammers.

They're phishing just not for trout, best action if you are suspicious, is to report them and move on.

If everyone emails him at 9am on the dot tomorrow surely that’ll be blimen inconvenient
    HoppyV8 likes this.