Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anschutz

Anschutz

Any Anschutz people out there looking for two specific models.

Model 1422 in .22LR or .22WMR
    Model 1430 in .22 Hornet

Preferable model made after 1981, Any info or leads will be appreciated.
    There was one on TradeMe last week but my lack of knowledge made me miss out on the sale.

So any info on where I might get my hands on one will be appreciated.

I have a awesome Anny .22 Hornet, I just havn't made up my mind to sell it yet, set triggers & very very accurate, but I think it is pre 81, I will get it out & look it over soon .

Where in the country are you ?

Thanks Scout. I am in Wellington “Upper Hutt”

Well it’s easy to check all you do is look on the left of the serial number, On very early models it will shot the last two digits of the year it was made for example 76, but on later models they switched over to alphabetical number that match up to a numbers. I have the .222 with the “Set Trigger” configuration in brand new condition when my Dad bought the Rifle it was part of a set of three rifles all identical in .22LR, .22Hornet & .222 so would love to get the set back together again.

If I may ask what condition is the rifle in, any modification done ?

it is in very good condition but used, im sure it is the older model, I had one many many years ago & really liked the feel & such of this stock shape but sold it in a weak (read short on $) moment there were very few to non of this shape imported & it came from over sea's (yeah I know they all do) then found a even nicer one a German guy had & replaced it .

I to was going to get the set, .22LR .22Mag .22H & found a .22LR the same in South Africa, but shipping/importing costs are crazy now days & I see the Police are making it twice as hard with a lot more hassle & paper work, time delays, part of a plan I suppose ?

This is good even had the liaison officer say that my BSA Lee Speed MLE Bolt Action Sporter might need a MSSA permit as they had seen them with a bayonet lug & now I have to send to the Police Armoury when I get it ??

Quote Originally Posted by CarlVN View Post

Model 1430 in .22 Hornet

There was one on TradeMe last week but my lack of knowledge made me miss out on the sale.

Saw that on TM. I think the winner paid a little too much though.

Why do you prefer the models after 1981 may I enquire? I prefer the earlier 1422's myself.

I know a chap that has a mint condition (so he says) 1430 Hornet that he wants to sell. Not sure what year though. I can PM you his telephone number when I find it if you'd like.
    "The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal

Model 1430 in .22 Hornet

Pm and I’ll give you a contact $1500.00 mint
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Thanks. The one on TradeMe was one of the best I have seen in a while. I have seen some other Anschutz .22LR but most of them are missing sights or have been modified to fit suppressors where as my .222 is spotless will match it against a new rifle any day.

The reason for the 1981 date is that my .222 has a serial number of "1265332" and then one on TradeMe "1228138" had the marking of IE I think that made it an 1982 model, And if you go to the Anschutz website they have a date next to the Parts PDF and the version are 1981 and then the next is 1993 so assuming the 1981 version will be the most compatible with my .222.

The reason for the 1981 date is that my .222 has a serial number of "1265332" and then one on TradeMe "1228138" had the marking of IE I think that made it an 1982 model, And if you go to the Anschutz website they have a date next to the Parts PDF and the version are 1981 and then the next is 1993 so assuming the 1981 version will be the most compatible with my .222.
    Yes, it was a 1982 model- code IC. I personally prefer the earlier model 1422's with the enlarged barrel section for the rear sight. That was done away with on the later 1422 and Savage 54 (Anschutz) obviously to decrease manufacturing costs. I think the earlier 1422 was slightly better finished. Hard to find one in mint condition though.

I've PM'd you the Taupo seller re. mint Anschutz .22 Hornet $1500.
    "The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal

A Big thanks to everyone both Maco49 & 10-Ring sent me the details of the Taupo seller, unfortunately the rifle is an very old Model an “1958” year and altought it does have the Dual Set Trigger configuration it does not have the correct “Stock Configuration” as well as the Bolt is different.

I have attached pictures of my .222 “The rifle with Dual Triggers” as well as the .22LR that was on sale on TradeMe and you can see how close the two rifles match each other.
    Name:  Ans_222.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  59.2 KB
    Name:  Ans_22.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  261.4 KB

Beautiful .222 CarlVN. The butt stock on your rifle is quite different to the 1422 in your picture though as well as the rear sight. The 1422 (now 1710) has a Monte Carlo style butt stock with a pronounced roll over comb which many people don't like. It also makes the rifle unsuitable for left hand use.

You can buy a new Anschutz 1710 of course although it has a different safety set up.

You could try giving Dead Eye Dicks a call and see what they can come up with as they're the NZ Anschutz distributor.

Thanks Yes the stock is not a 100% match but it was one of the closest matches I have seen as there is only a 37194 gap between the ".22LR" and ".222" in serial numbers.

Yes can buy a new one but first prise will be to get one that’s a close match. Or I might look at a 1727F in ".22LR" as I do have it in ".17HMR"

Thanks Yes the stock is not a 100% match but it was one of the closest matches I have seen as there is only a 37194 gap between the ".22LR" and ".222" in serial numbers. ...
    As far as I'm aware the serial numbers are specific to the model and calibre not the entire line of different models and calibres. Have you checked out the Anschutz forum on Rimfire Central? Lot's of good info there. https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...splay.php?f=16