Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Load....Action....Instant ....Watch and Shoot! ishoot10s's Avatar

Any Browning collectors out there?

I had a bit of an early Browning collection going for a while but have been letting them go over time to fund other things. I was only interested in pre 1930's long guns made at FN Herstal. I had a couple of Model 1900 rifles in .35 Rem, a nice 16 Ga A5 and a W Hazzard marked 1908 12Ga A5 (which i'll keep). I still have a couple of early take-down .22 semi auto's, one of which is chambered in .22 Short, which I would sell if anyone particularly wanted them. They are both fully functional, no missing bits. I would prefer to see them go to a collection, rather than be threaded, scoped and otherwise munted. If anyone is interested, I will take and post pix, post more details and consider offers, otherwise thanks anyway.

Ray.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Bugga,I thought for a minute you were selling the 16
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out." -

Load....Action....Instant ....Watch and Shoot! ishoot10s's Avatar
    Sorry, that went a few years ago, it was an original short chamber too. I see GC have 3 Model 1900 rifles at present that they are wanting over $2000 each for. Outrageous. I sold mine for $650 each (no profit) because, realistically, the Brownings don't have the collector appeal that, say, early Winchesters do. The irony is, most of the early Winchester repeaters were Brownings' designs. It was not until the A5 that John Moses Browning finally kept a patent to himself. As an inventor, he was technically way ahead of his time. I really enjoyed visiting the Browning Museum in Ogden a few years back. I was lucky enough to handle the hand-made prototype of the Hi-Power pistol, wearing cotton gloves of course, and to fondle several other of his prototypes that did not make it to market.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Winchester wanted to buy the patent for the A5.JM wanted royaltys so offered it to FN who agreed to pay the royalty.
    Remington cut a deal with FN and Browning to make it in the usa.The Remington 11 is basicly an A5 clone with some small changes(for the worse)
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out." -