Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone got a CZ 452 .17 HMR?

Hi all,

Please PM me if you have one and are wanting 2 sell.

Cheers

Listing #: 625950633 trademe
    shooting .17 ackley hornet so size dos'nt matter

Thanks.
    I did see that on TM, but I'd rather it not be a lux model.

Still looking

Or even a Savage .17 HMR (Plastic stock)

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
    Or even a Savage .17 HMR (Plastic stock)
    There are a few on TM...

plastic: Savage Model93R17 .17 hmr Bushnell 4x scope | Trade Me

laminate thumbhole heavy barrel: Savage 17 HMR | Trade Me

nice wooden classic: Savage .17 HMR | Trade Me

You might have already seen them though.

Have seen them, but thanks anyway.
    I can't decide if the CZ is worth the extra money compared to the Savage Accutrigger (Plastic stock) plus on top I will need to have the trigger done on the CZ.

What do you think?

I just bought a 453 with very nice wood, has a set trigger, they are well worth a look
    Muzzleloaders have big balls

the cz is worth the extra money over the savage

I haven't used the .17 version but have owned a couple of Savage 22LRs and a 22WMR and used a CZ452 22LR - the CZ is very pretty and feels a bit nicer in the hand, in my experience the Savage is slightly more accurate / less fussy about ammo and has a much nicer trigger. Bolt-wise the CZ has a shorter throw but the Savage is smoother. You pay your money, you make your choice - I'm quite happy sticking with the Savage. Mate just got a Zastava .17 which is nice too and seems to shoot well.

Out of interest why specifying the plastic stock Savage? My 22 started out as a plastic one but is much better with the laminate stock it has now.

Thanks for the replies.
    I'm just trying to justify if it's worth it. The CZ with the trigger done and threaded will cost just under $900 & the Savage (plastic stock) will cost $500 plus about $60 to be threaded. I'm going for the plastic stock as it is the lightest option out of the Savage HMR rifles.

Decisions, decisions..

I found that despite being marginally heavier the wood/laminate Savages (sporter barrel ones anyway) don't feel any heavier than plastic as they're better balanced, especially with a suppressor on the front. I used to have a lead paperweight jammed inside the butt of my plastic stock to make it balance more nicely, so with the laminate its probably lighter overall.

Good luck with making your mind up!

Yeah, I've got about a month until I will need the rifle. How much did you pay for the stock?

What scope do you use?

The stock was from boyds, can't remember exactly but maybe $120 or so all up? They haven't been shipping ot NZ lately but sounds like they will be again soon.

To be honest if going for value I'd just buy the wooden stock version to start with, its the same shape, less hassle and usually around the same cost as the plastic one. Just blued rather than stainless if that matters to you.

I have a Nikko Nighteater 6x36 on the 22, had a 3-9x42 on the 22mag though and I'd go 3-9 on a 17 too. Maybe even a 4-12 for bunny sniping if you want to push range out a bit and the budget allows. Brand doesn't matter too much IMO as long as it isn't a real cheapy, see what your eyes like of the mid-range in the shop.
    Last edited by GravelBen; 22-08-2013 at 10:57 PM.