Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: AR15 BCG

AR15 BCG

Anyone have a spare complete 5.56 bolt control group they'd like to sell?

Please PM if you can assist. Thanks.

Man they are getting rare. Gun Supplies have some left I think at around $350. Or Gun city $199 for a Chinese made one.

You might be best looking to get a permit and import one from Brownells they have a few under the magic $100US limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Square22 View Post
    Man they are getting rare. Gun Supplies have some left I think at around $350. Or Gun city $199 for a Chinese made one.

You might be best looking to get a permit and import one from Brownells they have a few under the magic $100US limit.
    Bolts, barrels and recievers (including those under $100usd) get hit with a us250 export fee according to the brownells rep that emailed me after I ordered a $79 bcg.

Just received a bolt from Brownells, it was under the 100 limit. came through no worries.
    Had to give customs the serial number of my A cat AR, and copy of my licence. Waited 3 days and it was released to me.
    Tried to use a $10 discount voucher on a $109.99 bolt but that was not accepted as discounts don't apply as the DOD look at item price apparently!
    So got a standard black one not a NiB coated one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun nut View Post
    Bolts, barrels and recievers (including those under $100usd) get hit with a us250 export fee according to the brownells rep that emailed me after I ordered a $79 bcg.
    When was this?

Does anyone know when the limit is getting upped to $500?
    Last edited by Square22; 14-09-2018 at 04:16 PM.

I was asked the same thing when I purchased AR parts like Riverrat79, but that was 6 months ago.
    I don't think now the custom will release with just FFL copy and serial number, they might need you to apply the import permit for it.

About 2 months ago. Got a bundle of import permits for all sorts of stuff saved up now, going to spread the 250 across the entire order.

Importers are getting hammered atm, police want e cat paperwork done for every ar15 rifle and part but, here's the kicker, they want the rifles to be imported in a cat config and they want the uppers serialised.

This is true, barrels and receivers are gun component parts.
    All the gun component parts need export permit fee from the US and extra charge $250.
    Other than that, under $100 will not charge export fee and paperworks.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccube View Post
    This is true, barrels and receivers are gun component parts.
    All the gun component parts need export permit fee from the US and extra charge $250.
    Other than that, under $100 will not charge export fee and paperworks.

So basically all AR-15 components that are actually part of the rifle now require a export permit regardless of whether they are under $100 US or not?

So basically all AR-15 components that are actually part of the rifle now require a export permit regardless of whether they are under $100 US or not?
    Let me find the reply from them first, they send me a list of what they cannot send even under $100 without permit.
    But clearly in my memory, barrels and receivers are included in the list.

Email copied below.

Thank you for thinking of Brownells, Inc.

The order you have placed with us requires an export license issued by the Dept. of State. An export license is required if the order contains a regulated item.

Regulated items must have an export license regardless of their value or quantities. Regulated items are: barrels, barrel liners, actions, receivers, frames, cylinders, flash hiders/suppressors. Also brass/bullets.

Also our Dept. of State requires an export license if the collective value of the gun component parts are $100.00 or more.

Since your order meets one or both of the criteria, we must hold your order awaiting the receipt of your supporting documents.

To apply for an export license we need:

Signed/dated purchase order
    End-user statement (one is attached for your convenience)
    Import certificate

The export license application fee is now a flat rate of $250.00 regardless of the dollar value or quantities.

Please post your supporting documents to:

After I received this, I asked what I can buy without permit, they told me, the buffer parts, pistol grip (but hard to get in here), charging handle, trigger gard, some small brand handguard gas tube and blocks... nuts, or some upgrad gears not included in the ITAR.

The war on guns is real
    Feral likes this.
    Hawkes Bay Rifle Club - http://www.sporty.co.nz/hbrc

Interesting gents, but back to the original thread - does anyone have a spare bcg before I go through the import permit routine?

Thanks.