Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Ar15... Newbie help!

Ar15... Newbie help!

So at the back of the safe there is a fully suppressed t3 in 223, when I got it I stacked up a bit of 223 ammo, haven't used it in 18months + and was thinking of selling but don't want all the ammo to go to waste (sure I could sell it but can't be bothered and would lose $$ on it also means I have an excuse for the boss as I already have ammo and don't need it....)

So what's out there, (buyers market now in theory) never had one before so complete newbie to the ar15 world.... School me please!

Would have to be a cat as still haven't got round to getting endorsements
    Last edited by 223nut; 16-02-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Have I got the deal for you

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Have I got the deal for you
    I deserved that.... Is it a better deal than what trade me and gun city are offering...

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    308 and Deetleaves like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Deetleaves likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

+1 for Nzar15 & Beakers suggestion looks pretty good. My experiance is that 99% of ar15s are just fine. The higher the price the more fancy stuff you get (slicker, lighter, shiny etc) most of which ultimately ends up in your spare parts bin as you change your mind and take it in a different direction.
    Beaker and Deetleaves like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    +1 for Nzar15 & Beakers suggestion looks pretty good. My experiance is that 99% of ar15s are just fine. The higher the price the more fancy stuff you get (slicker, lighter, shiny etc) most of which ultimately ends up in your spare parts bin as you change your mind and take it in a different direction.
    Not really wanting fancy stuff, it's mainly going to be whitetail to 250m and hares/ bunnies for further out than my 17hmr. Saw the near site and was having a look but don't know differences between makes and models.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Not really wanting fancy stuff, it's mainly going to be whitetail to 250m and hares/ bunnies for further out than my 17hmr. Saw the near site and was having a look but don't know differences between makes and models.

Get Ken to put one together for you. From what you're saying, an Armaworx stock, 18" faxon barrel and a nicer trigger added to the rest of the standard kit will see you right, and whatever scope takes your fancy (pinch the one off the T3, along with the can). Should come in around $1500-$1800 or so? I will chat to him tomorrow and see if he can do you a 'Shot Show' special to be delivered later if you like?
    Beaker, Pineapple, 223nut and 1 others like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Following with interest as it's something I'm looking to do as well...

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    I deserved that.... Is it a better deal than what trade me and gun city are offering...
    Check out my threads to be honest mine is the European car equivalent in the gun world to put it nicely as above tho she ken he's a good guy to deal with

If you can, shoot/handle a few before you buy, then build a kit. This will save money in the long run. Better to find out which stock, fore end and trigger you like before you buy a complete rife that you will likely strip down and replace parts on.
    Fawls likes this.

you need one of these
    Name:  model6stag.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  424.2 KB
    A330driver likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    you need one of these
    Attachment 82928
    Hope that bipod has 15" legs or it'll be resting on the mag.... Not planning on going 'tactikool' just a simple semi auto.... Already played with the 10/22 platform, now it's one to go up a step and play with the big boy toys

@Tommy Ah cool, so he's ok pick and choosing parts into a kit?

I really like the look of his 16" kit but wanted the BA barrel over the faxon