Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cordite

Thread: Barnaul 7.62x39 SP, .223 brass

Barnaul 7.62x39 SP, .223 brass

86 rounds by my count.

I also have 100 rounds PMC bronze .223. Since it is prohibited maybe you want to buy the primed/unfired brass?

$50 for the Barnaul ammo, $40 for .223 reloading components. You can pick up or I can meet you in Nelson/Marlborough region (home show this weekend ) or even Christchurch in a month or so, just pm if you need any clarification. Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There shall, in that time, be rumors of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia-work base, that has an attachment. At that time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer, and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.

why would it be prohibited??? its not armour piercing or tracer is it???

Ordinary ammo 223 or otherwise, hasn't been prohibited so far as I know .

He probably means, like me, it has come out of a rifle that has been prohibited. I'll have a bunch of this for sale after they chew up my mini 14 and 30
    Unless I buy a bolt 223 and 7.62.

Or he's got the wrong end of the stick
    as mentioned only armour piercing and tracer rounds have gone as far as I know

If you are prepared to drop your price on the 7.62 ammo to match the .223, I could be keen on it. Nelson based too.

Only bullets with a hardened core intended to improve its armour penetration capabilities are banned under the "armour piercing bullets" heading.

As far as I understand it tracers can be deactivated by pulling the bullets and soaking in a solvent, or by filling the rear cup with a compound that prevents the propellant gases from reaching the ignition compound in the tail of the tracer contents. But if you have time to pull tracers it is probably best to just seat a more accurate bullet in its place, still dunk the tracers you pull to keep them legit.

Flechettes appear to actually not have been banned as the OIC wrongly defines them as being "light", whereas they are usually made of tungsten etc. They were a useless military flop anyway and I've never heard of anyone even playing with them, except of course cartridge collectors.
    physeptone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Only bullets with a hardened core intended to improve its armour penetration capabilities are banned under the "armour piercing bullets" heading.
    Hopefully that intended bit is upheld....
    For more potential fun look up Gamo PBS armour air gun pellets

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post

As far as I understand it tracers can be deactivated by pulling the bullets and soaking in a solvent, or by filling the rear cup with a compound that prevents the propellant gases from reaching the ignition compound in the tail of the tracer contents. But if you have time to pull tracers it is probably best to just seat a more accurate bullet in its place, still dunk the tracers you pull to keep them legit.

Flechettes appear to actually not have been banned as the OIC wrongly defines them as being "light", whereas they are usually made of tungsten etc. They were a useless military flop anyway and I've never heard of anyone even playing with them, except of course cartridge collectors.
    Ever seen what a cannister round loaded with flechette can do? Dunno what the point of the OIC mention was for it though as it appears that only flechette ammo is banned not the actual flechette item itself (which isn't ammunition or a projectile as such).

Quote Originally Posted by ROKTOY View Post
    If you are prepared to drop your price on the 7.62 ammo to match the .223, I could be keen on it. Nelson based too.
    Hey, we could certainly do that if you're in Nelson. I am away this weekend but keen to catch you to trade when available.

Quote Originally Posted by Non Prophet View Post
    Hey, we could certainly do that if you're in Nelson. I am away this weekend but keen to catch you to trade when available.
    Message me when you return and we can sort out something. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk