Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Bergara BA13 308 bush gun scope / Aimpoint

Bergara BA13 308 bush gun scope / Aimpoint

Putting my bush gun outfit up for sale (currently lost in wildcat .24 cal madness and somethings got to go).

Bergara BA13 .308 Win 1:11 twist, DPT suppressor (5 ring, thread 14x1), Zeiss Diavari-Z 1.5-6x42 (30mm tube), Aimpoint H1 Micro.

Owned from new and now fully sorted. This is one of many bush guns I've owned and by far the best so far, quieter than any bolt gun, very short, easy to handle and safe. I'm built like a grass hopper on a diet but find it quite ok to shoot re recoil. 98 rounds fired so far and five different factory loads tested with Hornady Black 168gr A-max being the standout winner with groups at 100m being 8mm to 10mm from center to center when I take my time. The once fired brass is free to the buyer if they want to load for it but with the A-max results I would not bother. I've been comfortable to use it out to 250m so far with the A-max but any factory load would be ok in the usual close quarters bush distance situation. There is one piece of bush I've shot quite a bit that's thick but sunny and this is when I put on the Aimpoint. The trigger has been worked and it breaks cleanly at 2lb.

The Zeiss has been paired with this gun for it's field of vision and light gathering properties which it does well, has Butler Creek flip caps and the glass is good. I did graunch some paint off the tube by stupidly failing to check the torque on the mounts before breaking it in and ammo testing but it's only cosmetic thankfully.

The set up with DPT fitted is 923mm long and without 820mm. The camo wrap is usually right over the barrel and DPT and I remove it after use, I like to think it helps by covering the stainless barrel but who knows about these things.

Aimpoint H1 Micro $650 plus post (the cover thingy has a broken stretch doodly whatsit but I'm pretty sure replacement ones can be bought)

Bergara BA13 with DPT and Zeiss, $1550 (can deliver to Canterbury or Otago down as far as Dunedin, if delivered it comes with 42 live rounds).

Think that about covers it
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Luke556, nickbop, xtightg and 2 others like this.

This is exactly what I would like!

Sadly I have bought too many toys lately. Godammit.
    bing likes this.

Whats this setup weight with supressor and scope? Break down aye?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Hi Nick, I'm a bit crook at the moment but will weigh the set up when I'm back up and running.

Hi Nick, On the bathroom scales (no assurance of accuracy here) the rig with DPT and scope comes up right on 3kg (6.6lb), with the Aimpoint it would be about 0.5 kg lighter. I chose the non breakdown model when I bought it, can't recall my reasoning at the time but have not reconsidered that choice since. It's crazy short and easy to carry / manage which contributes to an impression of being relatively light in weight probably because the weight is sort of 'inboard' so to speak. I do recall when I started to shoot it that I had to be a bit careful not to barrel sweep my own feet and train myself out of that possibility.
    Nick-D likes this.

@bing... mate your bathroom scales are probably a bit optimistic, the kind my wife likes.

I can't remember the exact weight but we weighed one of these BA13 .308s and it was about 2.8kg bare rifle? Maybe it was the 20" barrel, not sure.

Scope weighs 400-500g.

Suppressor weighs ~280g.

Rings.... 80-100g.

You're looking at around 3.4-3.7kg or 7.5-8lb.

They are bloody good little rifles these, with the Zeiss its a great option for a woods gun slinging up to 180gr round nose pills.
    bing and dannyb like this.
    Britain's Favourite Dog 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by bing View Post
    Hi Nick, On the bathroom scales (no assurance of accuracy here) the rig with DPT and scope comes up right on 3kg (6.6lb), with the Aimpoint it would be about 0.5 kg lighter. I chose the non breakdown model when I bought it, can't recall my reasoning at the time but have not reconsidered that choice since. It's crazy short and easy to carry / manage which contributes to an impression of being relatively light in weight probably because the weight is sort of 'inboard' so to speak. I do recall when I started to shoot it that I had to be a bit careful not to barrel sweep my own feet and train myself out of that possibility.
    Awesome cheers man. After a take down. Make a mean little bush gun. Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    @bing... mate your bathroom scales are probably a bit optimistic, the kind my wife likes.

I can't remember the exact weight but we weighed one of these BA13 .308s and it was about 2.8kg bare rifle? Maybe it was the 20" barrel, not sure.

Scope weighs 400-500g.

Suppressor weighs ~280g.

Rings.... 80-100g.

You're looking at around 3.4-3.7kg or 7.5-8lb.

They are bloody good little rifles these, with the Zeiss its a great option for a woods gun slinging up to 180gr round nose pills.
    Yep, could well be right re the scales. It was a 20" barrel before we got to it and it's now 16.5" - 17" or something like that which is a bit of weight shed.

Awesome cheers man. After a take down. Make a mean little bush gun. Good luck with the sale.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Cheers. Go for it, they are a top unit. Break down or not is a subjective choice and can't for see any issues either way.

Nice setup - well written advert
    Good luck
    bing likes this.

Ok, got some proper accurate grown up type big peoples scales from my mate up the road and weighed the rig complete with scope and DPT, 3.619 kg.

The barrel is from breach face to end 440mm (17").

bump
    Name:  IMG_5227.JPG
Views: 982
Size:  92.3 KB

bump

Bumpity bump, bump, bump ...... buuuuump !

Uuuuuuuup