Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Stager BLK Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Waynesworld

Thread: Blued Steel 270, 30-06 or the like

Blued Steel 270, 30-06 or the like

So recently I zigged when i should have zagged. I had a Winny M70 in 6.5x55 and it was sorta promised to an old mate.

Old mate's a Saffir and wee bit damaged, but a great guy and and very interesting - he was a professional hunter in South Africa (among other things). He was supposed to be getting his firearms licence, but "supposed" had taken many years and I thought he'd given up. We were shifting and so I had a sort out and the Winny went (to a forum member)

Well bugger me just the other day he announced that his FA licence was imminent, so I had to confess that I'd sold "his" rifle. A short uncomfortable silence followed - but we are good mates.

Anyhoo its time to remedy it, so if you have a good shooting Mauser/Brno/M70 or the like in a "manly" calibre sitting in the safe and owing $750 or under please let me know.

Laminar
    You say manly calibre, but then you also say .270

Which is it?
    "Did you know deer aren't bulletproof, and they're made of food?" - Joe Rogan
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

What about the 8x57? I don't really need it.

Forgotten but not gone
    or am 8mm-06 . I have a spare one ....
    Be more involved and less impressed.

All good ideas. He'll be a factory ammo man so the 8mm-06 (while very manly) might be difficult to keep going . . .
    @nor-west - what 8x57 do you have - he talked fondly of the one I have but it took me 25 years to find a Model 21 I liked and he's not getting that one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    So recently I zigged when i should have zagged. I had a Winny M70 in 6.5x55 and it was sorta promised to an old mate.

Old mate's a Saffir and wee bit damaged, but a great guy and and very interesting - he was a professional hunter in South Africa (among other things). He was supposed to be getting his firearms licence, but "supposed" had taken many years and I thought he'd given up. We were shifting and so I had a sort out and the Winny went (to a forum member)

Well bugger me just the other day he announced that his FA licence was imminent, so I had to confess that I'd sold "his" rifle. A short uncomfortable silence followed - but we are good mates.

Anyhoo its time to remedy it, so if you have a good shooting Mauser/Brno/M70 or the like in a "manly" calibre sitting in the safe and owing $750 or under please let me know.
    I have a 30-06 mate, but I will not allow another's filthy hands upon this blessed piece. FYI I still owe you a finders fee LOL
    Tentman likes this.

Haha ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    All good ideas. He'll be a factory ammo man so the 8mm-06 (while very manly) might be difficult to keep going . . .
    @nor-west - what 8x57 do you have - he talked fondly of the one I have but it took me 25 years to find a Model 21 I liked and he's not getting that one!!
    @Tentman the one with the panels on the shortened stock its at your place, of have you given that away as well wheres the .264 mag he liked?

Oh - yes - that one. I still have the stock and the barrel, but as you'll recall the top of the action was like a bit of wood with borer in it. I could retrieve another action I lent to a guy to do an inlet with and "rebuild" it . . . not a bad idea at all as it was bloody light and handy.