Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Boyds stock for Marlin 795

Boyds stock for Marlin 795

Anyone out there got one they're not using?

Otherwise I'll order off of their website but not sure what's involved and how much they'll charge for shipping.

Ejected
    Under $250 landed. Just buy it you tight arse

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Under $250 landed. Just buy it you tight arse
    Think you need the price to drop below US$100 before they will ship.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Ejected
    Odd one at $99

This is the one I put on my 795 https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Produ...inate-finished
    Interestingly it is the only one of that style sitting under the magic 100 bucks. All the others of the same style but in different colours are now the verbotten 129 bucks.
    I think mine landed was around NZ$250 back when the xchange rate was less satisfactory.
    There was an issue ~ 18months - 2yrs ago where Bodys took NZ off their list of approved countries - some issue at our end with stocks being returned to USA by our Customs IIRC.
    Should be all good now, just not the same selaction of US$99 stocks anymore.
    Mine had the crappy recycled milk bottles stock. The Boyds transformed it. Inletting for the trigger guard needed a fraction of a titivate.

Ejected
    Yeah I had the same but in pepper for my mod 60. Was awesome, it's a bummer they've bumped the prices up on the others

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    This is the one I put on my 795 https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Produ...inate-finished
    Interestingly it is the only one of that style sitting under the magic 100 bucks. All the others of the same style but in different colours are now the verbotten 129 bucks.
    I think mine landed was around NZ$250 back when the xchange rate was less satisfactory.
    There was an issue ~ 18months - 2yrs ago where Bodys took NZ off their list of approved countries - some issue at our end with stocks being returned to USA by our Customs IIRC.
    Should be all good now, just not the same selaction of US$99 stocks anymore.
    Mine had the crappy recycled milk bottles stock. The Boyds transformed it. Inletting for the trigger guard needed a fraction of a titivate.

I have been trying to get one of these for a Savage Mk2 for 8 months now, has never dropped under $129 in that time. Moral of the story: if you have a 795 and want one of these stocks, grab it while it's that price cos it might not be again for years

I reckon Nibblet should chuck one in his suitcase when he comes back in November.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I reckon Nibblet should chuck one in his suitcase when he comes back in November.
    Just stop being so tight, you brought a ute, just fork out a little more before it all gets sucked into that holden

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Should just post us some to get around the dumb $129 price thing

Very tempted awhile back by 795 fitted with Boyds. Made for close to ideal semiauto - nice solid timber look/weight plus marlin accuracy:

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=ma...X1PtP4lVqMM%3A
    Ranal likes this.

Well my Boyds stock turned up today, except they sent the wrong stock, wrong style varmint thumbhole when I wanted a hunter stock, and doesn't appear to be for a ?Marlin 795.

Took 5 weeks to get here, guess we'll see what they say.

Aaaaah fuck that sucks

They have been bad like that lately, another mate ordered a left hand/right hand action howa stock and received a standard right hand stock, I told him to hit them up but he wasn't too worried.

Sounds like someone in dispatching needs his arse kicked.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Well Boyds replied to my email rather quick, acknowledged they'd sent the wrong stock, asked me to cut in half and send pics and now the correct one is on the way. Pity this stock is now firewood.

Name:  FullSizeRender (16).jpg
Views: 86
Size:  427.9 KB