Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gundoc

Thread: Breecblock for .22 BSA 12/15

Breecblock for .22 BSA 12/15

I want to get a standard breech block. I am happy to trade one that has been converted to c/f for a Hornet. I had started to convert a rifle and now a mate wants it in .22 for bunny sniping.

Hi Gundoc, I was going to do a Hornet for a buddy on a Model 12/15 or Model 12, what have you done to the breech block to convert please ?

PM'd.

I have an old bsa lying around not sure of the model but no bolt

Padox, this is a Martini type action, single shot, I have a bunch of old .22 bolts in a box might have one for your old BSA ?

wills has had one sitting there for ages not up on martinis pretty sure its a heavy barrel 22rf
    22 hornets and most things 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Hi Gundoc, I was going to do a Hornet for a buddy on a Model 12/15 or Model 12, what have you done to the breech block to convert please ?
    I have converted a good number to .22 Hornet and K Hornet over the years. I anneal the front of the block, bore it out and thread it for a silver steel insert, screw that in and dress the front of the block to the original dimensions, assemble the breech and drop a neat-fitting pointed hardened-steel rod down the bore to mark the drilling point for the new pin, drill it to 1.5mm then make an offset pin on the original striker. the cleaning hole in the rear of the action needs to be bored out bigger than the rim diameter of the cartridge case then chamber and headspace with extractor in place and supported by a spring or wedge to keep it still. About two hours work after you have done a couple.
    csmiffy likes this.

Thank you Gundoc, I very much appercate that info & you posting it !

Did you get a .22 block yet, would save me some work ?