Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shelley
  • 1 Post By Shelley

Thread: Brent Sandow custom Hunting knife

Brent Sandow custom Hunting knife

This is a very reluctant sale of a very nice knife made by South African knife maker Brent Sandow who now lives in Auckland.

Its a full custom job, made from 5mm thick D2 stainless tool steel (Europeans consider D2 stainless, Americans consider it semi stainless), it has a hollow ground blade with a tapered tang, highly textured micarta handles that have been attached to the full tang with recessed Allen screws, a cerakoted blade that is a dark grey in colour and comes in a thick leather sheath with a plastic liner and a dome retention strap, the sheath is set up for right hand carry but is designed for both normal or scout carry.

The blade is mildly recurved and is 110 mm long, the handle is fully textured and 130 mm long, the full length from tip to pummel is 250 mm and the blade weighs 316 grams or 454 grams in its sheath.

Name:  IMG_2327.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  1.91 MB
    Name:  IMG_2329.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  1.46 MB
    Name:  IMG_2329.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  1.46 MB

Brent makes very high end custom knives and working reproductions of the famous Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting knives, except his ones don't break, his knives often go for four figures and there is usually a long wait to get one, they are popular amongst both hunters, collectors and South African mercenaries. Brent once told me about a mercenary he know who contacted him asking to buy a replacement knife to go in his sheath, Brent was horrified thinking that his knife had broken until the merc told him that he had had to leave the knife in someone when they were leaving somewhere in a hurry...

The one has a very sharp tip for removing the anus, a good belly for skinning and a hollow ground blade for slicing meat, D2 takes and holds an edge for a long time, but can take some extra patience to sharpen it, this one comes shaving sharp.

Its not new, but hardly used, seeing how nice it came out I could not bring myself to use it, but its not doing me any good setting in a box collecting dust, it really needs to go to someone who wants a hard use, extremely well made knife and is not afraid to get it bloody.
    Knives like this don't come along often, I think you would be hard pressed to get something like this for under $600 and could well pay a lot more now.

I want $350.

Shelley 021727546
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tommy likes this.

Sorry chaps and chapesses, this ones going to Stewart Island!
    Gerbs likes this.