Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TeRei

Thread: brno zkk601 .243

brno zkk601 .243

Recently bought a brno .243. 1988. Will get pics sorted soon. Previous owner said it still shot good but after giving it a giod clean its looks pitted. Rifling isn't worn out though. Was going yo be a project rifle but with having twins recently I don't have the time or money at the moment. I paid $400 for it - not sure if its worth that? happy to recoup that or swap for a .22. Overall condition is "good" for its age. Few scratches and marks but no chunks or massive gauges. Action looks in good nick bluing worn of but no rust pits.
    Last edited by Grunta; 18-01-2015 at 05:37 PM.

P38
    Grunta

Would be keen to see some pics.

Cheers
    Pete

P38
    Thanks Grunta

When you say the bore is pitted What is it that your seeing?

Cheers
    Pete

It's not a nice clean bore in terms of smoothness. It's the first time I've seen a barrel like this - Seen plenty of copper fouled, but not actual "pitting. Plenty of rifling left - I know the original owner and was actually quite surprised to see the barrel like this as he is quite an anal rooster in most things. Maybe he just forgot to clean it after a hunt. He said it shot well and maybe it does, I haven't shot it as I've only recently acquired it. If it doesn't sell or swap I'm keen to put it through it's paces as I am a fan of the Brno zkk series of rifles. Love the actions. So worse case scenario is that I just hang onto it until I decide what to do.

In 1977 my mate had a BRNO 243 which he shot a huge red stag on the route down to the Maropea when we walked over to Maropea Forks for the roar from Wakelings. He made me carry the whole stag to the hut because he did not want his gun bloodied by the stag.I will always remember that bloody gun.
    BRADS and Tommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    In 1977 my mate had a BRNO 243 which he shot a huge red stag on the route down to the Maropea when we walked over to Maropea Forks for the roar from Wakelings. He made me carry the whole stag to the hut because he did not want his gun bloodied by the stag.I will always remember that bloody gun.
    That's a good walk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot it and try. Some rifles still shoot really well even with pitted barrels. But obviously the more pitting the less likely.

is the pitting all a long the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Flincher View Post
    Shoot it and try. Some rifles still shoot really well even with pitted barrelcan't tell youhut obviously the more pitting the less likely.
    Yeah Im keen to get it out for a test run, just need to find some time. Will ve interesting.

REM308 - not sure, just had another quick look. Could just be the last 2" but without a borescope I cant you sorry.