Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Marty Henry
  • 1 Post By tommygun

Thread: browning A5 screws

browning A5 screws

hey everyone. wondering if anyone has any of these floating around.
    It is a screw on the side of the A5 shotgun that stops the main screws from turning-trigger plate lock screws P011280 on the field service manual
    one of 4
    Don't really want to pay 35 US for a set of 4 plus the dramas that go with it. Might have some other options going re:making one but if I can get an original one as well that would be nice. If its too dear ill stick with the made on.
    @akaroa1 you said you have a bunch of bits floating around? might be able to buy one off you?
    lost one years ago and managed to get one. Going to try other gunsmiths tomorrow as well but apparently they aren't around like they used to be

Name:  A5 schematic.png
Views: 64
Size:  87.6 KB

The pointer clones by Yamamoto would also be a source of the needed screw. I repaired mine several years ago with bits from a wrecked browning a5
    csmiffy likes this.

@csmiffy if you can google what it is or actually have one to compare with.
    I have thousands ( actually ) of screws and they are reasonably well sorted out into types and sizes etc

Yeah mate, I got an A5 for spares, flick me your address via PM and will post later in the week.

@Gun nut cracking offer-will do
    @akaroa1 Cheers mate
    I still have 3 on there and my mate who was looking for them reckons its a #4-40 thread.
    I have to do some stuff but he did a rough drawing with all the dimensions on there.
    ill copy it and send it too you as well as a pic of the offending screw.
    Other than that if you were local at some stage I'd let you have a look at one. may still be handy if any others fall out.
    they are a bitch to keep in there sometimes.

I needed a trigger spring for an A5 recently, Hardy rifle engineering put me onto gunner at MecGun nz I think, and he had what we needed, email address is on the work computer but I can find it if you want
    csmiffy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    I needed a trigger spring for an A5 recently, Hardy rifle engineering put me onto gunner at MecGun nz I think, and he had what we needed, email address is on the work computer but I can find it if you want
    I've already sorted it mate but if you need any other A5 parts let me know. I am parting one out.

@Gun nut
    I have been doing bits and pieces on it over the years. Some seemed right at the time but were frankly ignorant. Some bits built up here and there more recently and definitely a better job although the fix on the bolt return spring tube whilst functional falls into the agricultural line.
    The dude at the gun club who looked after it when the lad managed to get shell stuck between the lifter and bolt at the last shoot (I was away at work for the week) did a re-blueing job and told me some of the bits inside were worn. He did sort out some fiddlies but had no luck at all with the screws. I'll have to check with him whether the bits he said were worn were replaced or he was just telling me about it.
    I do think I'm going to have to bite the bullet (sooner rather than later) and retire it to occasional bunny shooting. No good for steel
    @tommygun yes please