Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Browning BLR

Browning BLR

Any out there? Middle son now happy to not be a lever action purist and would like a scope...BLR about the best there is I think.

243 and up.

Theres a .358 at Palmy North Hunting and Fishing. With dies etc. I would say its a good deal..
    Micky Duck likes this.

@Brian might have a 308.

Quote Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
    Theres a .358 at Palmy North Hunting and Fishing. With dies etc. I would say its a good deal..
    Cheers...bit of a different cal for us.

The 358 in h&f is overpriced imo, @timattalon had one in 3006 for a good price.
    Tikka7mm08, Micky Duck and csmiffy like this.

Still here if it is wanted. I was not desperate to rehome it but it is still available.

I have copied the post to make it easier.

While this is currently listed on trade me, I thought perhaps someone here has a hankering for it. I will offer it here at a lower price before I lower the price on trade me. (Not on trade me any more

While is is currently listed at $1250 reserve and a buy now of $1399, I will offer it to forum members for $1250 including freight. And if locally picked up rather than free freight, I can offer a real sharp price on ammo. I wont sell the ammo separately unless the rifle buyer does not want it. If it does not sell, I will still need the ammo to feed it.......

I dont really want to sell it, but I am starting to need a few funds for other stuff, and this is one I could part with, even if reluctant.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...905699&ed=true

Name:  IMG20181020172931.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  820.1 KB
    Name:  IMG20181020173100.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  852.0 KB

This one is a better photo of colour etc. Most of my photos were taken with my Phone and I am not great at settings etc.....
    Name:  BLR.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  373.5 KB

It is a Browning BLR lever action Take down rifle on 30/06. Threaded and suppressed with a Gunworks Suppressor.

Everything is in very good condition and it has been a safe queen for much of its life. It has a nice dark brown stock with a shiny factory varnish(?) surface.

Please note that the scope is not included in the sale. I do have access to new scopes but this scope is not mine to sell.

No idea on round count, but I have owned it for 7 or 8 years and have used maybe 100 rounds, mostly at the local range. I have only taken it hunting twice.

As mentioned, I am not entirely certain I want to part with it. If it does not sell I may figure that the trademe users have decided I should keep it.

Accuracy is as good as I can shoot with any other rifle. It is certainly more accurate than I am.

It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway, Proof of firearms license will be required. I can ship if the correct paperwork is done.
    Micky Duck likes this.

I have a miroku which is a blr 243 not totally convinced I want to part with it but 1200 if I do which makes the one above me seem cheap

Thanks guys - a new 7mmRM is $1490, these BLRs obviously hold their 2nd hand price well...if you can find them.

Tims one i a bargain, i had a 308 one years back and it was certainly my pick of rifles to carry day after day. plus this one is a takedown. if its in good condition then i would go for it.

p.s tim thats a beer you owe me
    timattalon and birch like this.

308 No iron sights. Threaded 9/16 x 18. Leupold mounts and rings. After $1000. Shoots well.
    If your interested I'll do some photos tonight.

There is a pistol grip 308 in Botany H&F. Also a straight stock stainless takedown on TM. Was also a stainless pistol grip 708 on trade me that did not sell. PM me if you want the listing number to request a relist.
    Tikka7mm08 likes this.

Have a look at the Henry Long Ranger. I have not seen one in NZ yet but they must turn up soon. If your looking at a scoped lever they are a serious option.
    Tikka7mm08 likes this.

Pretty set on a BLR. Takedown stainless would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Got-ya View Post
    Have a look at the Henry Long Ranger. I have not seen one in NZ yet but they must turn up soon. If your looking at a scoped lever they are a serious option.
    it will be a pot metal receiver, most henrys are inc the "yellow boy"

I've got a takedown BLR stainless .243, laminated stock,grey (factory) pretty much new, less than 40 rounds fired, was my My field spare for fly in trips, but a bit light for the job (bears) so bought it to NZ.

I have bought a takedown-double rifle, so it's not likely to get any further use. Thought I might have packed it around in NZ, but nope, prefer other options. Also got the scout mount,
    Back in the country this Saturday, for six weeks.
    If Intrested, let me know, and I get sum photos taken. I shell mull over a price, but feel free, to give me a number your happy with.
    Tikka7mm08 likes this.