Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By timattalon
  • 2 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By timattalon

Thread: Browning BLR Takedown in 30/06 suppressed

Browning BLR Takedown in 30/06 suppressed

While this is currently listed on trade me, I thought perhaps someone here has a hankering for it. I will offer it here at a lower price before I lower the price on trade me.

While is is currently listed at $1250 reserve and a buy now of $1399, I will offer it to forum members for $1250 including freight. And if locally picked up rather than free freight, I can offer a real sharp price on ammo. I wont sell the ammo separately unless the rifle buyer does not want it. If it does not sell, I will still need the ammo to feed it.......

I dont really want to sell it, but I am starting to need a few funds for other stuff, and this is one I could part with, even if reluctant.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...905699&ed=true

Name:  IMG20181020172931.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  820.1 KB
    Name:  IMG20181020173100.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  852.0 KB

This one is a better photo of colour etc. Most of my photos were taken with my Phone and I am not great at settings etc.....
    Name:  BLR.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  373.5 KB

It is a Browning BLR lever action Take down rifle on 30/06. Threaded and suppressed with a Gunworks Suppressor.

Everything is in very good condition and it has been a safe queen for much of its life. It has a nice dark brown stock with a shiny factory varnish(?) surface.

Please note that the scope is not included in the sale. I do have access to new scopes but this scope is not mine to sell.

No idea on round count, but I have owned it for 7 or 8 years and have used maybe 100 rounds, mostly at the local range. I have only taken it hunting twice.

As mentioned, I am not entirely certain I want to part with it. If it does not sell I may figure that the trademe users have decided I should keep it.

Accuracy is as good as I can shoot with any other rifle. It is certainly more accurate than I am.

It goes without saying, but I will say it anyway, Proof of firearms license will be required. I can ship if the correct paperwork is done.
    Last edited by timattalon; 13-12-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    Micky Duck and rossi.45 like this.

wow what an awesome rifle,someone needs to give this a new home..
    ebf and timattalon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    wow what an awesome rifle,someone needs to give this a new home..
    Thank you. In all honesty if it does not sell, I wont be unhappy about it. I will simply consider it that I am supposed to keep it.

bump

stop bumping it...you will knock the sights off,just go and shoot her and get some Christmas veni.

stop bumping it...you will knock the sights off,just go and shoot her and get some Christmas veni.
    Got the Venny with a 303, but mught need ome pork for boxing day.....I originally got this as I was using a motorbike for transport and I could fit this into the touring panniers locked on the side.

just take that hori big scope off her and put a nice wee 4power in place and be a happy man...... had a M8 4x on the blr .308 when I owned it and it was match made in heaven..... same scope sits on my Zastava .308 now and it is even better if thats posible.sometimes the right optics just seem to "make" a rifle.

just take that hori big scope off her and put a nice wee 4power in place and be a happy man...... had a M8 4x on the blr .308 when I owned it and it was match made in heaven..... same scope sits on my Zastava .308 now and it is even better if thats posible.sometimes the right optics just seem to "make" a rifle.
    @micky_Duck The scope is not that big.....Its only a 1.5-6 power x36.......not what I would call a large scope, but big enough I can see through it. Spends most of its time at about 2x or 3x. But seeing as the 30/06 has the legs to get to 250m or past is why I wanted to go up to 6x when needed. Unfortunately I have someone else who the scope has been promised to so the scope will have to come off before it sells.

Some lower rings would probably be a good idea, though.

Auction closed without a bidder so if anyone here is in quick $1230 incl freight and its yours. If picked up, it wil come with a pack of ammo instead of freight.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    @micky_Duck The scope is not that big.....Its only a 1.5-6 power x36.......not what I would call a large scope, but big enough I can see through it. Spends most of its time at about 2x or 3x. But seeing as the 30/06 has the legs to get to 250m or past is why I wanted to go up to 6x when needed. Unfortunately I have someone else who the scope has been promised to so the scope will have to come off before it sells.

Some lower rings would probably be a good idea, though.

Auction closed without a bidder so if anyone here is in quick $1230 incl freight and its yours. If picked up, it wil come with a pack of ammo instead of freight.
    Just for Forum members $1200 incl freight and we can sort it out after Christmas if that is easier. It is on Fixed price offer of $1250 plus freight for Trade me bods at the moment so if you are keen let me know before someone else snaps it up.

I wont go any cheaper as I will have to presume the internet gods have told me to keep it.......
    WallyR likes this.

Wont be here much longer.......Looks like I will need to find some space for it.

The 30 06 god wants you to keep it.I'd be keen but it's the wrong year for me. Too much happening to be increasing the toys collection.

Bump?