Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

BSA sportsman15 STOCK

Hey guys, i have to hand my .22 BSA sportsman15 into the feds but the problem is that i have a fully custom stock that i would rather keep to hang on the wall.
    Does anyone have a spare stock lying around that they would sell me that i could bolt to the action b4 i take it to the crusher?

Please amd thanks

The short answer is that you can have that rifle (BSA Sportsman 15) converted to be legal, the fine print is not yet available from Police but "sometime" the will be a list of "approved Gunsmiths" who will be paid up to $300 to convert the rifle. You could have it done now at your own cost . . . no need to take it in. I have one too that my Dad (since passed) bought new in the 1950's, a great wee rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    The short answer is that you can have that rifle (BSA Sportsman 15) converted to be legal, the fine print is not yet available from Police but "sometime" the will be a list of "approved Gunsmiths" who will be paid up to $300 to convert the rifle. You could have it done now at your own cost . . . no need to take it in. I have one too that my Dad (since passed) bought new in the 1950's, a great wee rifle.
    Thanks tentman,
    I know i can get it modded but to be honest its worth more as a hand in. Ive already got a couple of better .22s so no skin off my back.
    Just a shame to loose the stock

Oh well - keep the stock and maybe I'll buy it off you when you tire of it being on your wall . . .

Cheers

Sorry to hear you're giving in so easily Slothcity. Personally I would be getting it modified at my own cost, in my own time, at a gunsmith of my choosing, so that I could give a big "fuck you" to the Govt. And then take my grandkids hunting with my favourite .22, and teach them the value of becoming good people, law abiding firearms owners, who enjoy the great outdoors.

just to show off abit.....
    Name:  20190813_195648.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  4.79 MB
    Name:  20190813_195658.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  4.75 MB

Each to their own, its best on your wall . . . .