Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kscott

Thread: Buffalo River safe on 1day for $99

Buffalo River safe on 1day for $99

Buffalo River safes on 1day for $99. Just letting y'all know.

Don't get one, too flimsy, some AOs won't approve them.

They look like the cheap thin stack-on safes just re-branded. School locker type setup. Would be alright for storing ammo and such but could be open with minimal effort, so I wouldn't put any firearms in there.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

Were the stack on ones mentioned the "put it together yourself" ones that I said I'd be happier wrapping my rifle in tinfoil? I thought buffalo river was a reasonable brand, maybe not.

Yup those are the ones I was talking about. Flimsy is a word one could use to describe them.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

So, you've spent a fair amount of money on your firearms. Maybe a couple of thousand dollars by the time you actually add up the cost of rifle, scope, ammunition, time to the range, hunting gear and so on - unless you've purchased a Mosin Nagant and still wear a hat back to front.

So why the fuck would people skimp and spend the least amount of money protecting their $$ ?!

It just defies belief.
    Bryan and Dougie like this.

Yep I thought that too, I reckon you could punch through that "safe"! I sturdy wooden one would do you better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    So, you've spent a fair amount of money on your firearms. Maybe a couple of thousand dollars by the time you actually add up the cost of rifle, scope, ammunition, time to the range, hunting gear and so on - unless you've purchased a Mosin Nagant and still wear a hat back to front.

So why the fuck would people skimp and spend the least amount of money protecting their $$ ?!

It just defies belief.
    (a) tradition - cos a lot used to leave the gun behind the door, or chained to the water tank and (b) mainly, because some money grabbing retailers charge a fortune for a crap safe and a mortgage for a decent one. Given how cheap a decent US one is and how strong the Kiwi $ is, then they should be able to bulk buy some good strong US made safes for the Kiwi market.

I'd like a better one but lack space for it. Waiting till my boy turns 16 and get his own licence, then I can get either a larger and more secure safe for the garage, or just a second safe for his wardrobe.

If you want to buy stuff based on your perception of being able to run the business yourself, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by scottrods View Post
    (a) tradition - cos a lot used to leave the gun behind the door, or chained to the water tank and (b) mainly, because some money grabbing retailers charge a fortune for a crap safe and a mortgage for a decent one. Given how cheap a decent US one is and how strong the Kiwi $ is, then they should be able to bulk buy some good strong US made safes for the Kiwi market.

I'd like a better one but lack space for it. Waiting till my boy turns 16 and get his own licence, then I can get either a larger and more secure safe for the garage, or just a second safe for his wardrobe.
    Or he can leave home and take his share with him!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough