Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT 

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Bush Block/Rural Section/ bush hut?

Question Bush Block/Rural Section/ bush hut?

Looking for Bare land/bush block/hut/lodge so though I would put it out there to you guys?

Do you know of any land for sale- Bush blocks or regenerating land that may boundry onto a DOC block etc?
    Hoping to be with in 2-3 hours drive max from Cambridge, Waikato. I have friends who has been looking to buy for a little while but not found quite what they wanting.

Hunting not a necessity, but would benefit me ha ha.
    They looking to set up a batch/small get away house/lodge to get away from the city life for weekends/holidays. Can be bare land as they will build if no existing dwelling. They will be looking to restore back to native land/planting etc...

They are in no rush, so if you know of someone wanting to sell some land somewhere... please Private Message me the details and I will pass them on.
    Thanks guys.

I'm always looking at similar blocks, but here in Taranaki the bee industry has pushed the price of those blocks to crazy levels. I live on a lifestyle block out of town and a half hour drive will get me to bush/hunting country; that's my compromise lifestyle. So that's been my hybrid "living remotely in the bush" solution....

There has been a few blocks come up, but access has sometimes been an issue to build on them... like river crossings etc...
    bumblefoot likes this.

Caretaker
    Join the line

Everyone I know is looking for the same thing
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Quote Originally Posted by bumblefoot View Post
    I'm always looking at similar blocks, but here in Taranaki the bee industry has pushed the price of those blocks to crazy levels. I live on a lifestyle block out of town and a half hour drive will get me to bush/hunting country; that's my compromise lifestyle. So that's been my hybrid "living remotely in the bush" solution....
    Yeah I was watching some primo spots a few years ago. Suddenly rubbish horrendously steep regenerating ex sheep and beef land went from 7K/Ha to 40K/Ha, pushed up by the bee crowd
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Yeah I was watching some primo spots a few years ago. Suddenly rubbish horrendously steep regenerating ex sheep and beef land went from 7K/Ha to 40K/Ha, pushed up by the bee crowd
    If someone wants to offer me $40K/ha I'd give it due consideration!
    Rich007, GWH, Kopua Cowboy and 1 others like this.

Your land is not steep enough! Plus the bees will run out of puff having to dodge all your trees

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Your land is not steep enough! Plus the bees will run out of puff having to dodge all your trees
    On the bright side I've already got trees that produce flowers all year around. Did I give you a sample of our honey when you were here? The combination of the Eucalyptus mixed with lucerne was rather good, in my opinion. But my bee keeper mate has stopped doing it so all that pollen will not be converted into honey anymore.

Some of my hills are pretty steep! I remember planting some trees on one site where I had to plant them on my knees holding on with one hand and doing all the planting work with just one hand. Now I try to find deer on the same hills, and I'm 10 years older.... still steep.
    XR500 likes this.

I've ended up with over 300 hundred acres of flat land just by doing some lateral thinking, a lifestyle, hunting and even tabbies in the dams

Some may be sceptical about pricing etc but not all land is suited to bees, and I have found land and other places that came close, just not quite ticking all the boxes.
    I am looking for something and will know what it is when I find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bumblefoot likes this.

Talk to bunji he got a good on his block…….
    tetawa, MB, Eastern Wander and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Fog View Post
    I've ended up with over 300 hundred acres of flat land just by doing some lateral thinking, a lifestyle, hunting and even tabbies in the dams
    Christ, on first glance I read this wrong. Here I thought you were saying lateral thinking = hunting Tabbies, doing you’re part for conservation

After reading again., Yabbies, this makes good sense too.. Sounds like a nice block.

Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VXN222 View Post
    Christ, on first glance I read this wrong. Here I thought you were saying lateral thinking = hunting Tabbies, doing you’re part for conservation

After reading again., Yabbies, this makes good sense too.. Sounds like a nice block.

Fat finger, second best place in the world, didn't have the dosh for the best place in the world

What does access need to be like and what are they wanting to build exactly? How big/ substantial?

Quote Originally Posted by Remmodel7 View Post
    What does access need to be like and what are they wanting to build exactly? How big/ substantial?
    Land can be all native or farmland backing onto native block etc as they will plant to regenerate, does not need to be huge, as they want to build a small house/lodge on it for weekends away etc - hoping for bare land or land with dwellings under $800K