Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Bushnell Elite 4500 2.5-10x40

Bushnell Elite 4500 2.5-10x40

Brand new in the box, has zero stop dials and duplex reticle.
    Received it from Bushnell as a replacement but now have a Kahles so no need for it.
    Wanting $700 firm, located in CHCH

I take it you would be a new member saying "hi" to the existing members then..............
    veitnamcam, viper, Shahin and 1 others like this.

No not at all, it is what it is. I'm here to sell a scope not be a keyboard warrior or try make friends!

Trademe may be your friend?
    madmaori, blake, josh86 and 2 others like this.

I was told about the trolls on this forum, what a bunch of friendly people you all are!
    Haven't you got something else to do with your time!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewy_louie View Post
    I was told about the trolls on this forum, what a bunch of friendly people you all are!
    It happens all the time... It's like there are a band of them just waiting, and it's always the same sarcastic tact - 'just saying hi?' - 'nice of you to introduce yourself...'. What does it matter if someone uses the forum only to sell something - is that such a crime..!? Would it be more polite if people introduced themselves first? Maybe...but is the negativity being forced upon them - and the rest of the forum members - for simply trying to sell something that is unwanted any better - I for one think not... I've read threads on here about how NZDA is an 'old boys club' in some areas of the country - this forum comes across in very much the same way sometimes...
    Hunt4life and TheChosenOne like this.

you sound like a proper bell end.
    Awaian likes this.

Happily measure up to the size of your bell end anytime or are you a homophob too!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-j View Post
    It happens all the time... It's like there are a band of them just waiting, and it's always the same sarcastic tact - 'just saying hi?' - 'nice of you to introduce yourself...'. What does it matter if someone uses the forum only to sell something - is that such a crime..!? Would it be more polite if people introduced themselves first? Maybe...but is the negativity being forced upon them - and the rest of the forum members - for simply trying to sell something that is unwanted any better - I for one think not... I've read threads on here about how NZDA is an 'old boys club' in some areas of the country - this forum comes across in very much the same way sometimes...
    A forum such as this relies on honesty & trust: Trademe for all its faults has some buyer protection. A random "it is what it is" type who seeks a result purely for his own ends isn't really going to inspire trust - just an observation; this paricular person has shown just how nice he/she is so it really will be buyer beware. Nice day to all...

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    A forum such as this relies on honesty & trust: Trademe for all its faults has some buyer protection. A random "it is what it is" type who seeks a result purely for his own ends isn't really going to inspire trust - just an observation; this paricular person has shown just how nice he/she is so it really will be buyer beware. Nice day to all...
    All valid points which I agree with. But my point was regarding why there is always someone who feels the need to take it upon him/herself to 'out' the person selling the item, which I personally find pretty negative and off-putting. The person selling has already done what they came to the forum for - advertised the item - 'out-ting' them to all concerned achieves absolutely nothing, in my opinion...

To pass judgment about someone on how trustworthy they are based on one sentence shows the true colours of some of the people on this forum. Not to mention the additional comments from people who clearly have no interest in buying the scope I am trying to sell. Instead people insist on being a nuisance and abusive on other peoples posts when it is totally unjustified.

Why should I be forced to introduce myself, anyone could introduce themselves straight off the bat with a fabricated name and background but what safeguard would that offer to people who buy items off this forum. The logic shown in your last post is totally flawed Nickoli but if you are so insistent on knowing more about me then just ask, instead of passing judgment about me before you have made any attempt to get to know me.
    Nick.m, Hunt4life and TheChosenOne like this.

Your alright mate, it's just a bit of a pet peeve for some, doesn't make them bad people.
    Stick around and you will find Alot of good stuff from good people.

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk
    rossi.45 likes this.

To pass judgment about someone on how trustworthy they are based on one sentence shows the true colours of some of the people on this forum. Not to mention the additional comments from people who clearly have no interest in buying the scope I am trying to sell. Instead people insist on being a nuisance and abusive on other peoples posts when it is totally unjustified.

Why should I be forced to introduce myself, anyone could introduce themselves straight off the bat with a fabricated name and background but what safeguard would that offer to people who buy items off this forum. The logic shown in your last post is totally flawed Nickoli but if you are so insistent on knowing more about me then just ask, instead of passing judgment about me before you have made any attempt to get to know me.
    Don't be a knob mate... you can't get to know someone if they can't be bothered spending some time and trading information. Jumping in and trying to use something for your own benefit without understanding that is precisely the issue.

People have a perfect right to pass judgement on someone who is "not here to be a keyboard warrior or to make friends" when transactions on here are governed by mutual trust requirement.
    veitnamcam and madmaori like this.

okay its pretty clear where both sides of this are coming from.

Louie is trying to sell a scope and he thought the forum might be an effective method to sell it. He has every right to list it on here without a formal introduction.He probably wont sell it very easily as people who buy items on here look to the poster's activity and try to find out whatever they can before they trust them in the way of paying $700 into their bank account and hoping they post you the purchased item. A "guarantee" for this is an introduction and a proven record of helpfulness and sales in the forum (far from a 100% guarantee but its much more comfortable buying from someone like this than a first time poster like yourself)

Now i would encourage you to introduce yourself in the forums and become involved in some way on here if you are planning on using the forums to sell/buy items in the future (very good place to do this)

Hello by the way

Cheers
    Last edited by TheJanitar; 03-05-2017 at 02:03 PM.
    57jl, rossi.45, Mathias and 2 others like this.
    By law, you are required to turn on your headlights if it's raining in Sweden.

How the hell am I supposed to know if it's raining in Sweden?

Righto everyone concerned,

Sorry to get off on the wrong foot, I intended no ill-will from any of my previous comments. I can assure you that I am a trust worthy individual and I will make an effort to introduce myself and update my profile so that people can feel a little more reassured that my intentions on this forum are much the same as everyone else.

Thanks,

Lewy
    I laugh a the lor and pride of man, at the sophist schools and learned clan. For what are they all in high conceit, when man in the bush with god may meet?