Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Stager BLK

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MSL

Thread: Cactus Huntaway or similar

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar

Cactus Huntaway or similar

Hey. I have a Cactus Miklat and it's awesome but it is just a little too small for what I want. One decent red (or two Sika) is about all I can stuff in it which has all other gear overflowing out the top.
    Does anyone have a Huntaway or similar they want to move? Can swap the Miklat as part trade if needed.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Caretaker
    The Huntaway is as tough as goats knees and can easily fit in the amount your wanting.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    The Huntaway is as tough as goats knees and can easily fit in the amount your wanting.
    Just need to find one
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

MSL
    Huntaway is an awesome daypack for hauling meat out. If you canít find one, the aus made one planet traverse 38 is equally as good, with a slightly bigger mouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kiwijames likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    Huntaway is an awesome daypack for hauling meat out. If you can’t find one, the aus made one planet traverse 38 is equally as good, with a slightly bigger mouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah the One Planet stuff looks solid. I’ve an Exped Thunder also but I’m a bit shy to really test it. It didn’t carry great when loaded up. Could have been that I don’t really work out the harness properly but it did look a little light.

@kiwijames I’ve got a Patrol that I could part with if that’s of any interest to you? Pm if you want pics

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    @kiwijames I’ve got a Patrol that I could part with if that’s of any interest to you? Pm if you want pics
    Cheers. Nice pack but possibly just a touch too small with only another 5L on the Miklat.

Check out the K2 50l @kiwijames, another bombproof Nz made option, significantly cheaper than cactus also

There’s three Cactus Forays on tardme if they would suit

I'm interested in the design and materials used in the Huntaway when compared with the two larger Cactus packs.
    Could someone who either has these, or has researched this, please explain how - in moving up from the Huntaway to the Hector - the weight jumps up from 1.6kg to close on 3kg for an extra 10 litres capacity, and perhaps also some justification for the $200 higher price tag?
    Whatever the differences are - and they must be significant - the Cactus website doesn't clearly highlight these, for me leaving these questions unanswered.

I'll add my name to the WTB list below James please.